The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Awards Moderator

I've got her version of 'Yellow' by Coldplay if anyone wants it.

Thanks for Don't Stop Believin', as a Journey superfan it interests me greatly.

Anyway, here's a couple of songs from the Canadian Springsteen, a guy called Bruce Cockburn (it's pronounced Co-burn). He has an absolutely phenomenal gift for writing lyrics, and these two in particular are stunning. These two songs blow every other "anti-[something]" song I've ever heard right out of the water. Bruce hits pretty hard and pulls no punches when he's attacking something. He's also a pretty good guitarist.

If I Had A Rocket Launcher (iTunes required)

Call It Democracy (iTunes required)

I've got her version of 'Yellow' by Coldplay if anyone wants it.Thanks for Don't Stop Believin', as a Journey superfan it interests me greatly.Anyway, here's a couple of songs from the Canadian Springsteen, a guy called Bruce Cockburn (it's pronounced Co-burn). He has an absolutely phenomenal gift for writing lyrics, and these two in particular are stunning. These two songs blow every other "anti-[something]" song I've ever heard right out of the water. Bruce hits pretty hard and pulls no punches when he's attacking something. He's also a pretty good guitarist.If I Had A Rocket Launcher (iTunes required)Call It Democracy (iTunes required)

I'd be interested in that Yellow version, I'm a cover freak. I'd dare not go near saying he's the Canadian Springsteen, I've got If I Had A Rocket Launcher, and it's a decent enough tune, but doesn't get me excited in the slightest.

Merci for Yellow.Canada's got a long way to go on the Springsteen front, but they've got a TONNE of great artists at the moment who are doing there own thing, Montreal is absolutely buzzing currently, and even Arcade Fire take elements of The Boss. I think I've got a cover of them doing a Springsteen tune (yep, I've got them doing State Trooper, which I think is from Nebraska).

• Awards Moderator

Merci for Yellow.Canada's got a long way to go on the Springsteen front, but they've got a TONNE of great artists at the moment who are doing there own thing, Montreal is absolutely buzzing currently, and even Arcade Fire take elements of The Boss. I think I've got a cover of them doing a Springsteen tune (yep, I've got them doing State Trooper, which I think is from Nebraska).

It is indeed from Nebraska - probably my favourite Springsteen album. I'd be interested to hear Arcade Fire's version.

It's quite poor quality, it's a live recording, but still it's Arcade Fire doing Springsteen...

Arcade Fire - State Trooper

Good to see a fellow Springsteen fan and Nebraska's an interesting choice for favourite Springsteen album, although I personally find it difficult to overlook Born to Run every hour of every day, and my choice cut from his more sombre, acoustic, stripped down albums is Devils and Dust.

Foo Fighters - Erase Replace

Foo Fighters - Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is Running

Foo Fighters - Statues

Foo Fighters - But Honestly

To be honest, there's far too much slow stuff on this album. I think I'll wait and see if the album grows on me before I consider buying it. The songs I have posted are my highlights so far. Apart from 'The Pretender' that has been posted. My personal favourite of them four is 'But Honestly'.

I'll post tasters of the new Fightstar album later on.

its not a download..but i recently found this excellent song called Higher Ground by GUNhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0YPMAFOLpkyeah i know ive asked about em before but only found it on youtube the other day...

Whilst thats a great song, i still think this is their best "Dont Say Its Over" http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4Ku2loSJ0a great band indeed.

'99' was a download only single that came out in Spring. 'We Apologize For Nothing' is the lead single. It was going to be 'Floods', but because of recent flooding, they had to change it. 'Floods' was a great choice for a single and Charlie and Alex have both said that the song will probably be released as the second single.

The album itself seems a bit more pop orientated than their first album. Some of the songs are also pretty samey. It's still not bad stuff though, and I will buy it when it comes out as there's enough good shit on there.

I guess what I'm getting at is I have no idea what song you're referring to. I'll probably post all three anyways, as well as another three tracks.

EDIT #1 : Fightstar - 99

EDIT #2 : Fightstar - We Apologize For Nothing

EDIT #3 : Fightstar - Floods

Later on, I'll post three more in another reply.

Edited by Haraga_Version_One