Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 22, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2007 Congratulations to all winners. The Best Of Pro-Wrestling Best Promotion of 2006 Winner: WWE [25.00%] Runner-up: ROH [19.74%] Best Match of 2006 Winner: Edge vs. Mick Foley (WWE Wrestlemania) [17.99%] Runner-up: The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (WWE No Way Out) [12.95%] Best Event of 2006 Winner: WWE Wrestlemania [ 32.35%] Runner-up: SWA Last Rites [18.63%] Best Wrestler of 2006 Winner: Edge [30.50%] Runner-up: Bryan Danielson [21.99%] Best Babyface of 2006 Winner: John Cena [32.17%] Runner-up: CM Punk [26.96%] Best Heel of 2006 Winner: Edge [50.86%] Runner-up: Kevin Federline [11.21%] Best Tag Team of 2006 Winner: LAX (Hernandez & Homicide) [28.85%] Runner-up: Paul London & Brian Kendrick [19.23%] Best Newcomer of 2006 Winner: Pac [31.40%] Runner-up: Kevin Federline [19.01%] Best Angle of 2006 Winner: Edge takes the WWE Title from John Cena at New Year's Revolution [18.38%] Runner-up: Adam Shame's quest to be SWA champion [15.44%] Runner-up: ROH vs. CZW [15.44%] Funniest Moment of 2006 Winner: Charlie Haas injures Lillian Garcia (WWE Raw) [ 24.20%] Runner-up: Shawn Michaels' superkick's Stan (WWE Cyber Sunday) [19.11%] Greatest Moment of 2006 Winner: Edge takes the WWE Title from John Cena at New Year's Revolution [22.58%] Runner-up: John Cena vs. the ECW crowd at ONS II [ 19.35%] The Worst Of Pro-Wrestling Worst Match of 2006 Loser: Extreme' Elimination Chamber (ECW December To Dismember) [22.11%] Runner-up: The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali (WWE Judgement Day) [16.84%] Worst Event Of 2006 Loser: ECW December To Dismember [ 66.40%] Runner-up: 1PW No Turning Back: Night One [12.00%] Worst Wrestler of 2006 Loser: The Great Khali [48.13%] Runner-up: The Miz [10.00%] The Best Of British Best British Promotion of 2006 Winner: LDN (LDN Wrestling) [28.83%] Runner-up: IPW: UK (Internation Pro-Wrestling: United Kingdom) [ 24.09%] Best British Match of 2006 Winner: Adam Shame vs. Eric Canyon (SWA: November 2 Remember) [18.60%] Runner-up: Doug Williams vs. Lance Storm (1PW: Know Your Enemy Night Two) [13.18%] Runner-up: Pac vs. El Generico (IPW:UK: Hotwired) [ 13.18%] Best British Wrestler of 2006 Winner: Doug Williams [18.82%] Runner-up: Pac [18.24%] The Best Of MMA Best MMA Fight of 2006 Winner: Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin (UFC 59) [ 28.30%] Runner-up: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes (UFC 65) [13.21%] Runner-up: Josh Barnett vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (PRIDE Final Conflict Absolute) [13.21%] Runner-up: Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn (UFC 63) [13.21%] Best MMA Fighter of 2006 Winner: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic [24.00%] Runner-up: Chuck Liddell [22.00%] Runner-up: Georges St. Pierre [22.00%] The Best Of the UKFF UKFF Poster of the Year 2006 Winner: Supremo [16.50%] Runner-up: UK Hat Guy [16.00%] UKFF Dolt of the Year 2006 Winner: EWWChris [ 22.91%] Runner-up: Kandiman [17.62%] UKFF Under-rated Poster of 2006 Winner: $tew [23.94%] Runner-up: Who has called me Hage? [19.01%] UKFF At, Not With Award 2006 Winner: Oliver [22.28%] Runner-up: Just Me [16.06%] UKFF LOL Award 2006 Winner: Sickboy [19.10%] Runner-up: CracktonMOJ [17.98%] UKFF Most Memorable Thread of 2006 Winner: Lexx Sexpress [37.74%] Runner-up: 1PW Sleaze [32.70%]
frank Posted January 22, 2007 Posted January 22, 2007 Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top. Thanks Rick for sorting this all out.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 22, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2007 Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top.Oh dear God. That has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. Hang your head in shame. Or kill Matt Lucas.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 22, 2007 Author Paid Members Posted January 22, 2007 Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top.Oh dear God. That has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. Hang your head in shame. Or kill Matt Lucas.That thread sucked.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted January 22, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2007 Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top.Oh dear God. That has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. Hang your head in shame. Or kill Matt Lucas.That thread sucked.I agree - it totally blew.
Paid Members JNLister Posted January 22, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2007 Most of the categories I made my mind up straight away, but the Lexx one was one I voted for late.
The Cum Doctor Posted January 22, 2007 Posted January 22, 2007 SWA done well there. Surprised at the showing in the Event of the Year. Not surprised at the Angle of the Year though, considering the crowd that was there for the end of it. The way it involved everyone who watched it was tremendous, so I can't say the amount of votes that got surprised me.That's the same reason that I ain't surprised that the final match in the angle won the UK Match of the Year.
Joe_the_Lion Posted January 23, 2007 Posted January 23, 2007 Most of the categories I made my mind up straight away, but the Lexx one was one I voted for late.You came late? He didn't.
TheBigBoot Posted January 23, 2007 Posted January 23, 2007 I'm not sure I remember anyone being as successful in as many award categories as Edge has this year - winning Match of 2006; Best Wrestler of 2006; Best Heel of 2006; Best Angle of 2006; Greatest Moment of 2006; and contributing to Best Event of 2006 (where he had what was voted the UKFF MOTY) and being one of the top stars all year in Promotion of 2006. He's obviously got a lot of fans on here. Supremo and $tew both deserved their awards for being two of the better posters around this year. Don't think I 'read' the Lexx thread, but I'm aware what it was about - how many times have deleted threads won this before? Also credit to Kevin Federline for finishing second in two categories despite only being around for the last three months of the year - and even then not every week. The man has a future in wrestling, if he wants it. ECW December To Dismember is thoroughly deserving of Worst Event Of 2006 - maybe the least enjoyable card I've ever seen! Although that 1PW No Turning Back show must have been pretty dire to get 12% when up against ECW D2D.
The Cum Doctor Posted January 23, 2007 Posted January 23, 2007 I didn't get the ECW main event winning Worst Match of the Year. Sure, it was disappointing, but there was multiple worse matches on PPV and TV. Hell, there was a couple of worse matches on the ECW show alone. Most disappointing match ? Well yeah, I could see that.
PerfectPlex Posted January 24, 2007 Posted January 24, 2007 (edited) no offence..but adam shame vs eric canyon-better than Lance storm vs Doug williams?!It shows alot of the votes for this will obviously be from fanboys or wrestlers from certain promotions.Gotta say, lexx did blow away the competition in the thread award >_< Edited January 24, 2007 by PerfectPlex
The Cum Doctor Posted January 24, 2007 Posted January 24, 2007 no offence..but adam shame vs eric canyon-better than Lance storm vs Doug williams?!It shows alot of the votes for this will obviously be from fanboys or wrestlers from certain promotions.Gotta say, lexx did blow away the competition in the thread award >_<Or, people just preferred the match. Funny how after watching a fued for over two years, people enjoy the blowoff match immensly, compared to a one off match that nobody had any reason to care about. Lance Storm v Doug Williams was good, but that's all it was. Good. There were better matches in the UK I thought, and even in 1PW, but they weren't in the poll. I certainly would have voted for a Lionheart/Wolfgang or a Lynn/Aisu v Whitton/Richie if it was on there, but there was nothing better on that poll.
alexander Posted January 25, 2007 Posted January 25, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.
Paid Members MoChatra Posted January 25, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.Or that no matter how shit the WWE is, people are too lazy to seek out much better stuff.
Recommended Posts