Runner-up: Kevin Federline [11.21%]

Best Tag Team of 2006

Winner: LAX (Hernandez & Homicide) [28.85%]

Runner-up: Paul London & Brian Kendrick [19.23%]

Best Newcomer of 2006

Winner: Pac [31.40%]

Runner-up: Kevin Federline [19.01%]

Best Angle of 2006

Winner: Edge takes the WWE Title from John Cena at New Year's Revolution [18.38%]

Runner-up: Adam Shame's quest to be SWA champion [15.44%]

Runner-up: ROH vs. CZW [15.44%]

Funniest Moment of 2006

Winner: Charlie Haas injures Lillian Garcia (WWE Raw) [ 24.20%]

Runner-up: Shawn Michaels' superkick's Stan (WWE Cyber Sunday) [19.11%]

Greatest Moment of 2006

Winner: Edge takes the WWE Title from John Cena at New Year's Revolution [22.58%]

Runner-up: John Cena vs. the ECW crowd at ONS II [ 19.35%]

The Worst Of Pro-Wrestling

Worst Match of 2006

Loser: Extreme' Elimination Chamber (ECW December To Dismember) [22.11%]

Runner-up: The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali (WWE Judgement Day) [16.84%]

Worst Event Of 2006

Loser: ECW December To Dismember [ 66.40%]

Runner-up: 1PW No Turning Back: Night One [12.00%]

Worst Wrestler of 2006

Loser: The Great Khali [48.13%]

Runner-up: The Miz [10.00%]

The Best Of British

Best British Promotion of 2006

Winner: LDN (LDN Wrestling) [28.83%]

Runner-up: IPW: UK (Internation Pro-Wrestling: United Kingdom) [ 24.09%]

Best British Match of 2006

Winner: Adam Shame vs. Eric Canyon (SWA: November 2 Remember) [18.60%]

Runner-up: Doug Williams vs. Lance Storm (1PW: Know Your Enemy Night Two) [13.18%]

Runner-up: Pac vs. El Generico (IPW:UK: Hotwired) [ 13.18%]

Best British Wrestler of 2006

Winner: Doug Williams [18.82%]

Runner-up: Pac [18.24%]

The Best Of MMA

Best MMA Fight of 2006

Winner: Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin (UFC 59) [ 28.30%]

Runner-up: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes (UFC 65) [13.21%]

Runner-up: Josh Barnett vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (PRIDE Final Conflict Absolute) [13.21%]

Runner-up: Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn (UFC 63) [13.21%]

Best MMA Fighter of 2006

Winner: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic [24.00%]

Runner-up: Chuck Liddell [22.00%]

Runner-up: Georges St. Pierre [22.00%]

The Best Of the UKFF

UKFF Poster of the Year 2006

Winner: Supremo [16.50%]

Runner-up: UK Hat Guy [16.00%]

UKFF Dolt of the Year 2006

Winner: EWWChris [ 22.91%]

Runner-up: Kandiman [17.62%]

UKFF Under-rated Poster of 2006

Winner: $tew [23.94%]

Runner-up: Who has called me Hage? [19.01%]

UKFF At, Not With Award 2006

Winner: Oliver [22.28%]

Runner-up: Just Me [16.06%]

UKFF LOL Award 2006

Winner: Sickboy [19.10%]

Runner-up: CracktonMOJ [17.98%]

UKFF Most Memorable Thread of 2006

Winner: Lexx Sexpress [37.74%]

Runner-up: 1PW Sleaze [32.70%]

Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top. Thanks Rick for sorting this all out.

• Paid Members

Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top.

Oh dear God. That has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. Hang your head in shame. Or kill Matt Lucas.

• Paid Members

Pleased to see a number of my personal choices actually winning, I was always pulling for Lexx to win memorable thread, at times I thought she'd blew it but at the end she came good and ended on top.

Oh dear God. That has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. Hang your head in shame. Or kill Matt Lucas.
That thread sucked.

• Paid Members

That thread sucked.
I agree - it totally blew.

SWA done well there. Surprised at the showing in the Event of the Year. Not surprised at the Angle of the Year though, considering the crowd that was there for the end of it. The way it involved everyone who watched it was tremendous, so I can't say the amount of votes that got surprised me.That's the same reason that I ain't surprised that the final match in the angle won the UK Match of the Year.

I'm not sure I remember anyone being as successful in as many award categories as Edge has this year - winning Match of 2006; Best Wrestler of 2006; Best Heel of 2006; Best Angle of 2006; Greatest Moment of 2006; and contributing to Best Event of 2006 (where he had what was voted the UKFF MOTY) and being one of the top stars all year in Promotion of 2006. He's obviously got a lot of fans on here.

Supremo and $tew both deserved their awards for being two of the better posters around this year. Don't think I 'read' the Lexx thread, but I'm aware what it was about - how many times have deleted threads won this before? Also credit to Kevin Federline for finishing second in two categories despite only being around for the last three months of the year - and even then not every week. The man has a future in wrestling, if he wants it.

ECW December To Dismember is thoroughly deserving of Worst Event Of 2006 - maybe the least enjoyable card I've ever seen! Although that 1PW No Turning Back show must have been pretty dire to get 12% when up against ECW D2D.

no offence..but adam shame vs eric canyon-better than Lance storm vs Doug williams?!It shows alot of the votes for this will obviously be from fanboys or wrestlers from certain promotions.Gotta say, lexx did blow away the competition in the thread award >_<

Edited by PerfectPlex

no offence..but adam shame vs eric canyon-better than Lance storm vs Doug williams?!It shows alot of the votes for this will obviously be from fanboys or wrestlers from certain promotions.Gotta say, lexx did blow away the competition in the thread award >_<

Or, people just preferred the match. Funny how after watching a fued for over two years, people enjoy the blowoff match immensly, compared to a one off match that nobody had any reason to care about. Lance Storm v Doug Williams was good, but that's all it was. Good. There were better matches in the UK I thought, and even in 1PW, but they weren't in the poll. I certainly would have voted for a Lionheart/Wolfgang or a Lynn/Aisu v Whitton/Richie if it was on there, but there was nothing better on that poll.

• Paid Members

Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.

Or that no matter how shit the WWE is, people are too lazy to seek out much better stuff.