Paid Members Big Benny HG Posted January 25, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote.Quiet you.Just think yourself lucky that I didn't deem it fair to create a new fake account, vote for me, and gain that one measly vote needed to tie for first....But anyway, big thanks for everyone that did vote me into the runner-up place for the first time in my 5 years here; I'm touched...[note to self - create fake account]...
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 26, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.Or that no matter how shit the WWE is, people are too lazy to seek out much better stuff.Hear hear.
Big Rob Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.Or that no matter how shit the WWE is, people are too lazy to seek out much better stuff.Hear hear.Indeed, it's not even hard to find stuff like ROH, NOAH or NJPW anymore, the DVDs come out faster than ever now and the Japanese stuff is often available the next day via download.
Famous Mortimer Posted January 27, 2007 Posted January 27, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.If I voted for things like this, I'd have voted for you LL. And 2006 has kinda sucked, ain't it?
Turnbucklepads Posted February 13, 2007 Posted February 13, 2007 Man, third in Poster Of The Year AGAIN, this time by one measly vote. This year, I'll organise the Burn closer to December, that should tip the scales.I think the awards reflect what a truely uninspiring year 2006 was for wrestling.Or that no matter how shit the WWE is, people are too lazy to seek out much better stuff.Hear hear.Indeed, it's not even hard to find stuff like ROH, NOAH or NJPW anymore, the DVDs come out faster than ever now and the Japanese stuff is often available the next day via download.Where can you download the latest japanese stuff?Also it's not got anything to do with a better product. Many people like the storylines that a company like WWE provide, not that they are great at the moment but wrestling companies like ROH don't provide that type of product. TNA is the closest thing but I think they are struggling as they try to elevate stars for people to care about enough.Japanese stuff is the same really. They might have the gretest storylines in the world but I don't speak Japanese so it's wasted on me and most of the western wrestling world.I personally lost interest in ROH as soon as Punk left, their shows all seem the same and despite the fact that the wrestling is great, I find there is way too much flipping and flopping throughout the card to separate it up. The main events on the other hand with Danielson they get right just about everytime.
Recommended Posts