Worst Wrestler of 2006

tiger_rick

The Worst Wrestler of 2006?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of that list is made up of wrestlers who are shit, have been shit for years (if not their entire career), and will always be shit.Carlito and Batista, however, have proven they know how to work and Batista has even had a good match or two - but they have been consistently shite throughout the whole year in the ring.Thinking someone who has the ability, but appears too lazy or unmotivated to use it, deserves to win this- as Jody Fleisch didn't get enough nominations to make the shortlist, I suppose I'll vote Carlito. :bored:

Edited by dopper

Everyone is going to vote Khali, and yeah, technically he probably is the worst on the list, but my vote has to go to Carlito.Here's a guy who had a shitload of promise and just threw it all away. His character is insultingly awful, and while he isn't to blame for that, he must be held accountable for the lazy manner in which he portrays it and does promos (seriously, watch a Carlito promo from one year ago and then watch one from last week or something, the only difference is that he was a heel then and he's a babyface now). His in-ring is incredibly bad. Apparently the guy is pissed off being a midcarder and feels he should be a top guy. You'd think he'd try harder. Instead, he visibly sulks and slouches through his shit matches. His slow-motion attempts at highspots are hilarious and he's never had a memorable contest. Bland, lazy, slow, and boring. Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner.

:angry: @ seeing The Big Show on the list - I actually think he had one of his better years in-ring in 2006 with the two really good matches vs. Triple H, surprisingly good chemistry vs. the Spirit Squad and putting the effort in to get over when he was made EC-Dub champ. It was only from October onwards he started to fall apart. Khali, Boogey, Carlito, etc. - there really were some crap workers active in the last year.

• Paid Members

Beaten to it on the outrage of Big Show being there. Show didn't have a bad year at all and would be a contender for babyface of the year for me, for his efforts in the first half of the year.

Carlito and Batista, however, have proven they know how to work and Batista has even had a good match or two - but they have been consistently shite throughout the whole year in the ring.Thinking someone who has the ability, but appears too lazy or unmotivated to use it, deserves to win this

On this basis, i'd possibly throw Orton in there too, i think he's over-rated generally anyway but, in 2006 he was absolutely awful. Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

Beaten to it on the outrage of Big Show being there. Show didn't have a bad year at all and would be a contender for babyface of the year for me, for his efforts in the first half of the year.

Carlito and Batista, however, have proven they know how to work and Batista has even had a good match or two - but they have been consistently shite throughout the whole year in the ring.Thinking someone who has the ability, but appears too lazy or unmotivated to use it, deserves to win this

On this basis, i'd possibly throw Orton in there too, i think he's over-rated generally anyway but, in 2006 he was absolutely awful.
Are you serious? Orton's performed well throughout 2006. He had good matches with Benoit in the best of seven series, a great bout with Rey at NWO, some decent matches with Kurt and the match he had with Hogan was fine (and bear in mind it was Hogan with a fucked knee, it had the potential to be very bad indeed). He even dragged Carlito to a enjoyable match at unforgiven. Batista might have been phoning it in, but no way could you accuse randy of that. He's been a consistently good wrestler, at a time when WWE is running short on genuine in ring talent. Edited by Garrett

• Paid Members

On this basis, i'd possibly throw Orton in there too, i think he's over-rated generally anyway but, in 2006 he was absolutely awful.
Are you serious? Orton's performed well throughout 2006. He had good matches with Benoit in the best of seven series, a great bout with Rey at NWO, some decent matches with Kurt and the match he had with Hogan was fine (and bear in mind it was Hogan with a fucked knee, it had the potential to be very bad indeed). He even dragged Carlito to a enjoyable match at unforgiven. Batista might have been phoning it in, but no way could you accuse randy of that. He's been a consistently good wrestler, at a time when WWE is running short on genuine in ring talent.
Absolutely i'm serious. Almost everything Ortons done this year has bored me senseless with the exeption of a few matches where he had an opponent i tend to always enjoy watching whomever they face anyway. Other than that, his matches have dragged hugely, his mic-work has been shocking and he's relied far too much on cheap-heat, one smug mannerism and his stance dealy. He hit three or four swanky RKOs, other than that, real shit. He's obviously not the worst wrestler in the whole entire world in 2006 or even WWE but, considering the amount of potential he once seemed to have and how good a wrestler and heel particuarly he could and should be, is horribly depressing.Granted, bookings worked against him at times but, he's as much to blame himself. At a time when WWE is running short on genuine bona-fide headliners, Randys been a constant let-down everytime he's got the opportunity.

Considering I've hated Big Show for years I think he had a pretty decent year in WWE and was pretty watchable throughout. There are far more worthy contenders for the list this year in WWE alone.

• Paid Members

I agree. Mickie James was absolutely the drizzling shits. Whereas nearly every other WWE 'diva' is a model that they've trained to become a wrestler, Mickie was a wrestler before joining the WWE and she's really not much better than Ashley et. al. Her movement around the ring looks uncomfortable, she always makes at least one mega-botch every match and the rare occasions when she actually assembles something half-decent, she then fucks up just before, or at the finish.Of the proper wrestlers in the WWE, she is only slightly better than Khali and Boogeyman.

Granted, bookings worked against him at times but, he's as much to blame himself. At a time when WWE is running short on genuine bona-fide headliners, Randys been a constant let-down everytime he's got the opportunity.

That seems to be a criticism of his out of ring behaviour rather than his wrestling skills. From an in ring point of view, I don't think he's ever been a let down. Say what you want about his personal problems, but him being a screw up outside the ring doesn't affect his abilities as a wrestler.Also: why isn't Ashley Massaro on that list? She's awful. Edited by Garrett