THE GREAT ANTI 1PW CONSPIRACY

Guest iamyourtruth

ballyhoobyjumbo

This is an awesome word, and I am going to use it from now on.As for the rest of the subject, I honestly couldn't care less. Seriously, the extent to which twats pervade the British wrestling industry is similar to that which Soviet spies penetrated Mi6 and Mi5 in the 60s - the damage has already been done, what difference does one more make?
When one more emerges it allows you to sit back and have a hearty laugh at said twats.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, fun as this has been, it highlights an important point.Someone had an idea. Some might think it's a great idea, some might think otherwise, but at the very least it had some significant upsides. The fans in Coventry get to see workers that they might not have seen before, guys from different promotions get exposure to a new audience, introductions are made, networking is conducted, deals are done and British wrestling gets that little bit stronger.Now someone's taken that idea and exposed it to the public before it was prepared. This could have been done very nicely - good marketing, good PR, press coverage, the lot. Instead it trickles out to a handful of fans on a forum.People say that the internet damages wrestling. Wrong. Idiots damage wrestling. The internet is just a tool they use to chip away at its fraying edges.:(

You know, fun as this has been, it highlights an important point.Someone had an idea. Some might think it's a great idea, some might think otherwise, but at the very least it had some significant upsides. The fans in Coventry get to see workers that they might not have seen before, guys from different promotions get exposure to a new audience, introductions are made, networking is conducted, deals are done and British wrestling gets that little bit stronger.Now someone's taken that idea and exposed it to the public before it was prepared. This could have been done very nicely - good marketing, good PR, press coverage, the lot. Instead it trickles out to a handful of fans on a forum.People say that the internet damages wrestling. Wrong. Idiots damage wrestling. The internet is just a tool they use to chip away at its fraying edges.:(

Judging by what I read, it was a fantastic idea. Somehow it has been mutated from a great idea into an attempt to sabotage another promotion, and to my eyes it is no coincidence that one hour after the guy from 1PW posts this:

I know there is a clique of people in this industry that desperately want 1PW to fall, but they are going to be continually dissapointed.

1PW in the next few months is going to take the bold move to expose the haters in this industry, and tell everyone exactly what has really been going on -- so i say this to those that do hope and pray we fold, and actually labour away at trying to make that happen -- YOU WILL NEVER BEAT US

That this thread emerges. It may be a jump in logic, but a lot less of a jump in logic than this thread's initial attempt to promote a good idea as a conspiracy theory.

Much less is this an "ANTI 1PW" conspiracy, than it appears to be an Anti U23 Title project 'conspiracy'. I'm fully aware this wasnt posted by anybody associated with 1PW, officially, though, so i'm not angry with anybody. It's just a shame like i said originally, that we aren't going to get such a great buzz off this idea once (if?) its announced, now.

Off topic, but I think we have a contender for Thread of the Year, purely for the incredibly addictive witchunt currently in progress. BTW, Anyone else think this could be slightly worked...I'm not saying the whole thing is, but someone is shilling this for their own selfish gains.

• Paid Members

Haha Brilliant!I know exactly who this guy is!

You?
Behave, he's as bright as a broken lightbulb. He couldn't put that first post together.
Sorry, my mistake :(

Anyone else think this could be slightly worked...

Well I know how I'd book it.

I Just wanted to say that i have spoken with Dan Edlar in the past week, and have said i am happy to be included in this project. I think there is an issue with the venue in Stainforth anyway, but wheverever the shows do end up getting held, i have told Dan Edlar that 1PW would be proud to be included. Man, how i regret my post earlier today. I have so much fucking passion for what i do, that i know i react too quickly to situations and post without thinking. Contrary to what some of you may think, i want to work with other promotions for the betterment of British Wrestling -- i am proud to be British and i sincerely hope that one day British Wrestling rises again... and i would love to help play a part in that.

Having just read this thread I have to go on record as stating that it's about time the promotions worked together to better British Wrestling, and I jumped at the opportunity to be involved. I have no interest whatsoever in bringing any promotions down and every interest in working together with as many as I possibly can, which many people are starting to realise.As far as RQW is concerned, anybody who's worked with me and knows me (and I reckon the original poster doesn't) knows that I will do everything that's needed to promote British Wrestling, and I welcome the opportunity to work with ALL promotions that want to be associated with me.Now, whoever you are, get your head out of your ass until you know what you're talking about.CheersLen Davies

"The Newport city badboy" agrees.I think whoever started this was a way to cause trouble, some of it was factual but the original info has been played around with to cause rifts.I think the idea of a national title is great, cept make it under 25 as im too old otherwise Lol!Or a "young lions title" I think that wales, scotland and ireland could be added to the mix to make it the whole of britain.Even have team trophies wales, ireland, scotland and england.

• Paid Members

I Just wanted to say that i have spoken with Dan Edlar in the past week, and have said i am happy to be included in this project. I think there is an issue with the venue in Stainforth anyway, but wheverever the shows do end up getting held, i have told Dan Edlar that 1PW would be proud to be included. Man, how i regret my post earlier today. I have so much fucking passion for what i do, that i know i react too quickly to situations and post without thinking. Contrary to what some of you may think, i want to work with other promotions for the betterment of British Wrestling -- i am proud to be British and i sincerely hope that one day British Wrestling rises again... and i would love to help play a part in that.

Don't regret the things you do, regret the things you don't do! Good to hear your getting involved, it's nice to see different promotions attempting to pull together and work on something. I may even get a ticket and watch.and seriously, someone out the fucker who started the thread.

Just for the record I have never been or plan to be involved with 1PW. So i'd like to know how i've been trying to 'get inside info'. I attended the first show as a paying customer thats about it. hope this clears the situation.Sanjay Bagga

I knew I was right, I'm always right! That iamyourtruth would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for us medalling posters!