THE GREAT ANTI 1PW CONSPIRACY

Guest iamyourtruth

Iamyourtruth should be banned for putting a private e-mail on a public forum.

Why? It's his email, he can do what he wants with it.
Ok :crazy: So if your boss sends you a confidential e-mail about new developments in the company, you can do whatever you want with it because it is your e-mail? Cool for you. I think my boss would have fired me if I put in on a forum.So if your girlfriend sends you a sexy photo on e-mail, you can put it on the web because you can do whatever you want with it? Cool for you. I think my girlfriend would have left me if I posted it on a forum.
Yeah but the fact is the person sending it to you has given you that as an option unless the e-mail had a disclaimer at the bottom the guy had every right to post this on here. If it's ethicly right or wrong is down to each person to decide as stated with your examples above. If this all is true what difference does it make it is on a public forum besides giving 1PW a fair advance warning of it. If people send you an e-mail it might be in good faith that you won't go and tell everyone but with something like this it could be seen as making a moral judgement that it's for the greater good to post it on here and let people know. Sorry I blame doing ethics for a year.That being said I really don't think this is legit and maybe only part of the story at best.
Actually putting it on here is technically illegal.UK law is preatty specific that if something is intended for your personal eyes that it should not be disclosed to the public. To do so would contradict with confidentiality law. Yes he could of been more specific, and yes he probably shouldn't of gone on a 1pw tangent, but at the end of the day the email is written to those named in the email, and by forwarding it on without express permission is a technical "no no."
I could be way off here but to my understanding that the e-mail must have a disclaimer that states it's for the personal viewing of the person it's sent to. I don't work in wrestling but I do in music and have worked with some pretty big bands and all e-mails from labels, mangement etc have huge ass diclaimers attached to them. For exampleCONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICEThis email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify the sender.ShellShock Promotions is not responsible for the compliance by contractors or artists of their respective obligations although we take all normal precautions. ShellShock Promotions is acting as agent and not as principal and as such accepts no liabilities for any acts, failures, errors and omissions on part of the principal. Nothing in this email constitutes acceptance of an offer unless specifically stated.(Don't worry that's my promo company so I can legally stick that up here :) )
Again it comes down to that magic little word "technically". You see, companies (including my own) put those disclaimers on, because if it ever gets to court it really useful to point to it and the judge will have no choice but to rule in your favour. However, TECHNICALLY posting it on here is illegal because its clearly for the those listed on the email. The real question is would you get away with it in a court of law by saying "well it wasn't clear that I couldn't." In this case I'd say its preatty obvious he couldn't.Example: I work in property. I don't want the guy Im selling this flat too to know how much I really got it for. If I put that information in another email to someone else, he could easily say "it wasn't clear that I couldn't tell the buyer." But if I put that disclaimer in there then really he has no defence.Remember: Law isn't black and white and its full of horrid little gray areas where the word "technical" exists.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i got to say is i think some people take something they receive into a email and then go into bizzare land and add a conspiracy, god sake this aint the X Files.But i def think this sounds like a good little project, just a shame there will always be the odd few promotors who just cant get along :(Oh and also the fact something which would have been such a good treat for the fans could be ruined, due to one person not knowing basic business etticute (sorry not sure how to spell that).

• Paid Members

I don't know if i should respond - and on any other forum i wouldnt, but since i'm a regular geek on here, it'd take too much effort not too :cool: .I was the one who sent out the email, and it was designed to bring together all the people it was sent out too on this new project. Ta-daaa. That's actually it. It's a shame that somebody has decided they can't keep private business dealings as such, but there's actually nothing in the email that fans cannot know about; it would just've been good to get promoters to firm 100% to the idea first. As an FYI: A WMC in Stainforth (the place mentioned) was chosen because it has excellent transport links, is a lovely venue, lovely people, is cost wise, but most importantly is TWENTY YARDS away from where our local promoter and a-star man, lives (or works, i forget).I guess it'd be wrong for me to post here the email i sent to Steven, explaining what a good opportunity this is for him to get in at grass roots U23 british wrestling. I rallied off a quick list of guys he could put in on-show or pre-show qualifiers, such as Jack Storm, Spud, Dave Moralez, Jay Phoenix and many more. In-fact, i thought we had made headway in this, as i'd recieved some emails back from promoters comitting 100% to it, we'd looked into belt manufacture, and we even agreed to move from Stainforth into another area of further distance away, in order to get Steven and 1PW involved in this project - for the main aim, and greater good, of exposure to the belt.But yeah, that kinda takes the shine off of the big announcement if and when it comes ;).

So who is the mystery user then Dan? Who sold you out? Who stabbed you in the back?You know what you have to do, dont you........12460.jpg^^Its a real pillow! I want one. Edited by Rob Lowe

Guest mstudios

And I swore Id never post on UKFF Dan eh?Im not a Star Man, sounds a bit too David Bowie for me. Im not a promoter either.(quick advert) i dedicated myself to producing WrestleUK.com after Steven Gauntley made a very good point to me. I didnt understand how Wrestling truly worked. I travel hundreds and hundreds of miles to get footage and work at shows the media aren't interested in (mostly i get paid but not a great amount) so i can broadcast true UK Wrestling and maybe get the product out there. I help out at shows around the country because im good at problem solving and i enjoy a British Wrestling show.Im also a Mark for Ricky Knight as he knows, but he humours me and gives me an audience occasionally (Thanks Rick for advice etc).The venue was chosen because it is 7 miles (a bit more actually) outside Doncaster , and it was my Dads old pub so I know the venue inside out (I wired the lights and projector myself) and the new landlord would love a wrestling show.There was no intention to run at the same time as, in competition with or against Steven Gauntley and 1PW. Since Steven personally asked me to get it cancelled I have worked on this and have possibly found another venue. I will not discuss the friendship and fallout between Steven and I as thats hopefully behind us and to my knowledge we are actually working on not hating each other.that very weekend I already had (and still have) a prior booking (CSF, Bath Pavillion , check it out) so my invvolvement on the weekend would ahve been zero. i was merely trying to do a favour for British Wrestling as a lot of the guys have supported me (Mike Groom, Stuart Natt, Sykes, Dan Edler etc) with my dream of wrestleuk.com generating a stable base to view British Wrestling and maybe to lead to something else.In short, Im here to help any promotion if they need it whether they know me or not. 3CW, IPW:UK, CSF, RDW and even GNP will vouchfor me, lol.Due to the nature of the Internet, Im sure someone will flame me but I guess thats life.But just to point out I'm not a promoter although I help and support a fair few of them.martin.

I don't know if i should respond - and on any other forum i wouldnt, but since i'm a regular geek on here, it'd take too much effort not too :cool: .I was the one who sent out the email, and it was designed to bring together all the people it was sent out too on this new project. Ta-daaa. That's actually it. It's a shame that somebody has decided they can't keep private business dealings as such, but there's actually nothing in the email that fans cannot know about; it would just've been good to get promoters to firm 100% to the idea first. As an FYI: A WMC in Stainforth (the place mentioned) was chosen because it has excellent transport links, is a lovely venue, lovely people, is cost wise, but most importantly is TWENTY YARDS away from where our local promoter and a-star man, lives (or works, i forget).I guess it'd be wrong for me to post here the email i sent to Steven, explaining what a good opportunity this is for him to get in at grass roots U23 british wrestling. I rallied off a quick list of guys he could put in on-show or pre-show qualifiers, such as Jack Storm, Spud, Dave Moralez, Jay Phoenix and many more. In-fact, i thought we had made headway in this, as i'd recieved some emails back from promoters comitting 100% to it, we'd looked into belt manufacture, and we even agreed to move from Stainforth into another area of further distance away, in order to get Steven and 1PW involved in this project - for the main aim, and greater good, of exposure to the belt.But yeah, that kinda takes the shine off of the big announcement if and when it comes ;).

So who is the mystery user then Dan? Who sold you out? Who stabbed you in the back?You know what you have to do, dont you........12460.jpg^^Its a real pillow! I want one.
Now that it is out in the open, Daniel Edler has quite a few options. If he knows who sold him out, he can either make a fool of the guy in this forum or let the other promoters know. If the guy is a promoter, it will not be a good thing for him that other promotions know that he can't keep inside information for himself. He can also discuss the matter directly to the person "who sold out".As for presenting conspiracy theories, iamyourtruth has already proved that he is way off.

what the hell is this twat on about, i have been approached about a project, which is an excellent project imo for uk wrestling, nothing more nothing less, i have put my name to nout yet as all i have is a 3 minute summary over a drink and found the idea interesting. How does 1PW effect me in anyway shape or form, i have been running 13 yrs against all opposition and have no beef with 1PW whatsoever. BTW i was driving lady Di's car in france you muppet.

Im phoning the daily mail on you! :laugh:

• Paid Members

Now that it is out in the open, Daniel Edler has quite a few options. If he knows who sold him out, he can either make a fool of the guy in this forum or let the other promoters know. If the guy is a promoter, it will not be a good thing for him that other promotions know that he can't keep inside information for himself. He can also discuss the matter directly to the person "who sold out".As for presenting conspiracy theories, iamyourtruth has already proved that he is way off.

If it's another promoter it just shows that he was trying to drive a wedge between people willing to work together.

• Paid Members

So October 27th and 28th.....Where do I get tickets?

That reminds me, 27th and 28th October aren't a Saturday and Sunday, they're Friday and Saturday.

Haha Brilliant!I know exactly who this guy is!

You?

So October 27th and 28th.....Where do I get tickets?

That reminds me, 27th and 28th October aren't a Saturday and Sunday, they're Friday and Saturday.
THAT's why Mike kept correcting me everytime i'd say Saturday/Sunday then, :blush: .I'm used to dealing with Sunday dates for shows, yasee, so the idea of not running one is ludicrus to me, heh.

• Paid Members

ballyhoobyjumbo

This is an awesome word, and I am going to use it from now on.As for the rest of the subject, I honestly couldn't care less. Seriously, the extent to which twats pervade the British wrestling industry is similar to that which Soviet spies penetrated Mi6 and Mi5 in the 60s - the damage has already been done, what difference does one more make?