Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Right, has anybody watched that new "Ashes to Ashes" preview on BBC1? Anybody know what the song is when they all start scrapping in the disco. I get the "I don't get the.." lyric, then I never catch the rest of it.

Thank you.

I pretty sure it's Spandau Ballet "Chant No. 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)"

You're right. Good one!

Right, has anybody watched that new "Ashes to Ashes" preview on BBC1? Anybody know what the song is when they all start scrapping in the disco. I get the "I don't get the.." lyric, then I never catch the rest of it.

Thank you.

I pretty sure it's Spandau Ballet "Chant No. 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)"

wow a Spandau Ballet i actually don't mind

I ignored all the hoopla when PS3's first came out believing I wouldn't bother getting one.

Now I am going to get one.

- Could anyone recommend somewhere currently doing a particularly good bundle deal?

- is it true one kind of PS3 plays PS2 games, whereas the others don't?

- Are X-box 360's better?

• Awards Moderator
- Are X-box 360's better?

yes.

in terms of exclusives, quality of multi-format games, online, DLC and load times.

The only caveat to that, while it is an undeniably better experience with X360, you do have to pay a monthly premium for it.

Exclusives is also arguable depending on what games you want.

I'm not necessarily advocating PS3 for everyone, simply that I had the same decision in December and Sony won this round for me. I'm not fussed about other DLC, the difference between multi-format games is negligible unless you run them side-by-side and growing up with a C64 I can't complain about load times. On the flipside I wanted a Blu-ray player + upscaling DVD player, like freedom of the remote PSP play, and the exclusives that swung it for me are LittleBigPlanet, MGS4 and SingStar.

If however you have a bunch of friends already online with one console and you want to play with them, your decision is made for you.

• Paid Members

The 360 also has backwards compatibility with the XBOX games

(or at least a good majority of them). So you can play classics like Fable and Vice City and stuff.

growing up with a C64 I can't complain about load times.

I grew up with a 64 too, and I could accept long load times, considering games were on tape.

however, 20 years on, I, nor anyone else, should be waiting 5 minutes for a "cutting edge" games console to load a game. YES you can install to cut load times, but why should you?

Sony could've done so much more with the PS3, building it around a blu-ray plater was a bad move IMO

• Paid Members

i priced both up when i was after something and found them to be faily equal in price to get equal stuff, taking into account 1 period of X box live. however that would be a long term thing.

its best to look at what you want. the Xbox does have different (and on the whole better exclusive games in my view, but its what your after i guess), but the PS3 had a blue ray player built in, had all the games im interested in and having trouble with the net compatability it means ive not payed for a subscription i cant get to work properly.

the back compatability never fussed me but it does some.

best sum up what you really want from it, on line, style of game and hardware and cost and see which console meets your needs best. not much help but still

Archived