Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need some tech help please

I've downloaded a programme through iPlayer downloader but if I try to open the file in a media programme it is just a blank screen for 59 minutes with no sound. It works fine through the iPlayer thing but I want to run it through a format converter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Paid Members

From what I read at the time, you need to get the DRM protection out of the file. Once you get that out, you can convert it to any file format. Some of the DRM removal software looked fishy, so I decided against it.

I think to convert it, you'd have to play it and record the screen.

How do I do that?

And Baz, it was VLC I was trying to use as well.

I'm not sure, I've never done it. There are loads of programs available that will record video of the screen, but I don't know which are any good.

• Moderators
It's not really a first date kinda setting is it..

Haha no not really (It's someone i know and been pretty close with for a while)...just hate the awkwardness of being single at a wedding reception!

Ha. Well I guess it depends on if everyone there is going to be coupled up our not...? Even that shouldn't matter though if you've got enough good mates going.

Archived