Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Anyone know a quick and easy way to download all my music on my iPod Touch onto my laptop? It died last week so sent it away for repairs. Got it back today and they've had to put a new hard drive in, so I've lost all my music.

Just to be sure, it's the laptop that's come back empty?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know a quick and easy way to download all my music on my iPod Touch onto my laptop? It died last week so sent it away for repairs. Got it back today and they've had to put a new hard drive in, so I've lost all my music.

Yeah, the hard drive had to be replaced so my laptop has no music on it. Need to transfer my music from my iPod Touch onto my laptop.

If it's the same as the old iPods I have, then there should be a few folders located on your iPod that are accessible when you plug it to the laptop where all the music is saved. Copy these folders to your desktop, then use the "Add folder to iTunes" option to get it all back on your iTunes.You will robably about three years of renaming and placing things in folders ahead of you, though.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what graduating by predomination means? I failed one of my modules this year but they said they'll still let me graduate with a 2:2 by predomination or let me re-sit if I want but I won't get higher than a 2:2, google is being incredibly unhelpful but I wouldn't want to take their offer if graduating by predomination reflects badly or whatever on me.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the hard drive had to be replaced so my laptop has no music on it. Need to transfer my music from my iPod Touch onto my laptop.
You should be able to use the program I previously posted in this thread for a similiar problem.http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2368415

• Paid Members

Is there an Evening Standard on a Sunday? I'd like to get one for coverage of Trooping the Colour and for a review of Springsteen at Wembley but I'm leaving London today.

No weekend Evening Standard, I'm afraid.

• Awards Moderator

Is there an Evening Standard on a Sunday? I'd like to get one for coverage of Trooping the Colour and for a review of Springsteen at Wembley but I'm leaving London today.

Ah! Never mind, thanks for the info. Does the Monday edition cover weekend happenings? Might get a Londoner friend to pick one up for me if so.

• Paid Members

Ah! Never mind, thanks for the info. Does the Monday edition cover weekend happenings? Might get a Londoner friend to pick one up for me if so.
It will probably have a review of Springsteen, not sure about the other thing. They have an online/iPad/iPhone edition.

Any Techies about here?For about 10 years now Ive been using Windows XP and during that time Ive had 3 computers. Never went higher than SP2 because of all the updates and stuff so they always get turned off. Last week I bought a PC so I can play the latest games but one snag its on Windows 7. Is this a bad thing?Family members swear by XP being the best operating system and anything after it is shit and to avoid like the plague. So im in two minds to just erase the Hard Drive and install XP on it but Im not really sure what to do as been told that alot of point and click games or puzzle games or programs like Nero 6 or CoverXP wont run on windows 7 so im after a bit of advice on what I should do.The pc is 3.2ghz and 4 gig of ram but if I go to xp I can only get 3.2 of ram.

Does anyone live in a place with the prepay electric meters? Is it true they don't run out at night? The one at my sister's house doesn't disconnect between 20:00 and 08:00 or something, but is that true everywhere in the UK and with all suppliers? My main question is purely logistical: I know there's an emergency credit function you can press when your money runs out -- if your normal credit runs out at night, will it automatically switch to emergency credit or will you still have to go and press the button?

The pc is 3.2ghz and 4 gig of ram but if I go to xp I can only get 3.2 of ram.

XP 64-bit will recognise the 4, I think.

Windows 7 is fine, just as good as XP. As long as it's not Windows 8, stick with 7, plus XP doesn't work well with newer programmes.

Whats wrong with Windows 8? been looking to buy a laptop but on tons of the reviews all you get is "everythings great except for Windows 8"

Archived