Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
Moving with Sky - what's the best tactic to get a good deal? Just cancel outright, then when we move to the new address go in with my wife's name as a new customer. Or ring up threatening to cancel, and let them offer me a good/reduced package if we let them transfer addresses etc for us.

That's what we did. The direct debit still comes out my account but just by putting it in her name we got a better deal.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moving with Sky - what's the best tactic to get a good deal? Just cancel outright, then when we move to the new address go in with my wife's name as a new customer. Or ring up threatening to cancel, and let them offer me a good/reduced package if we let them transfer addresses etc for us.

That's what we did. The direct debit still comes out my account but just by putting it in her name we got a better deal.

Cheers for that. My next question is, is it still dirt cheap to get it as a new customer? As in, I can confidently cancel my current package in the knowledge that as a newbie, there's a million deals available? I went on the Sky website just to experiment, and I noticed something mental like a

• Paid Members

It was a while ago when we did it but the main reason was to avoid paying any installation fee's & to get a new Sky+ with no additional charge. You might have to sign up to a movies/sport package (for a certian amount of time at least) but they shouldn't charge you installation etc as a 'new customer'.

• Paid Members

I have been doing some Googling but if anybody knows of any colleges in London doing (free) Dietetics access courses that would be much appreciated. My girlfriend had her whole next year set up to do one, plus part time work, but it turns out her application went to the wrong department of Lambeth college and now the course is full when she went down to enrol today. She's so upset, it sucks.

Cheers for that. My next question is, is it still dirt cheap to get it as a new customer? As in, I can confidently cancel my current package in the knowledge that as a newbie, there's a million deals available? I went on the Sky website just to experiment, and I noticed something mental like a

Thanks for the Sky advice guys, Louch, I've sent you PM about that deal.

Next on the "UKFF has people that know all sorts of shite" list: - What are people's experiences with getting an Energy Performance Certificate? It appears as though it's a legal requirement but Googling it only throws up the usual government wordy shite and dodgy local folk offering to do it. Does anybody know how much roughly it would cost for one of these, if I can get away without getting one?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers.

• Paid Members

You need to go to an assessor in order to get an EPC but it is best to have one as they last 10 years I believe. Try this link from direct.gov At work we need to display those in order to advertise private rented properties online.

Hoping some of you guys can help me, a friend has hinted at wanting anniversary presents from all her friends (its her 1st anniversary soon). Is this rude or something I have to do? I didn't think I had to but just need reassurance.

• Paid Members
1st anniversary of what? Being married or just seeing someone? Either way I'd tell them to fuck off.

Being married obviously.

For our first wedding anniversary we got some small gifts from our families and cards from close friends.

• Paid Members
Unless it was my bestfriend I wouldn't get her anything. Who buys friends anniversary gifts?

I'm not classed as a best friend and even less so since she now has a circle of other new parent friends. The hen do and wedding cost me already, and she stopped buying me Christmas presents because its 'all about the kids'.

Archived