Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

This question is about iTunes so if you don't care, skip this post.

Just had my laptop fixed and as a result iTunes can't find the folder all my music is in. Is there any way to fix this without having to transfer everything again? I have a shit-ton of dodgy mp3s I really don't fancy spending a whole evening re-naming.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just had my laptop fixed and as a result iTunes can't find the folder all my music is in. Is there any way to fix this without having to transfer everything again? I have a shit-ton of dodgy mp3s I really don't fancy spending a whole evening re-naming.

Can't you refind it using the advanced tab in preferences? Point it toward the right place?

• Paid Members

If you go to File then add folder to library that should add everything back in does it not?

if not go edit->preference then advance preference tab and change the file location there as Rosey says.

MusicBrainz Picard is a pretty good piece of software you can download for automatically renaming and tagging mp3 files - might be worth to giving that a go to tidy up the music files before importing in case it happens again. Some would still need doing manually but it got it right most of the time for me.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know anything about using duel monitors on a PC? My PC has a VGA port on the back, which I use for the monitor, but there's another idential port labelled VGA/Serial 2 which I'd like to use for a 2nd monitor. Does anyone know if this is posible and how? I've plugged an monitor into it but it isn't doing anything :(

EDIT: If it helps I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, I have already gone into the display settings and found the duel monitor options but it just isn't seeing this monitor attached.

I was watching a Hugh Dennis and Julia Bradbury programme that was similar to Coast on BBC 1. They were using instrumental versions of Biffy Clyro tracks. Are these only available to production companies I take it? It's very difficult to get a hold of any real versions of instrumental tracks.

Are there any Irish people with lisps? Generally, the Irish can't pronounce "th" sounds so I'm guessing there aren't.

Edit, half an hour later: Maybe the ones with lisps pronounce an "s" as a "t".

Edit again: The wrestler Sheamus has got a lisp. actually. He pronounces "s" as "th" but pronounces "th" as "t" ("Oi'm in a triple trett on Thmackdown!"). he should sort himself out.

Can anyone recommend a decent but cheap tablet please? My son would like a computer for his upcoming birthday (He's young but knows how to safely use a computer and navigate one.) but I feel a tablet may be better suited for him, he would be using it for general internet access/flash games, paint type deals and a bit of word processing.

I looked at this one: Tablet but I'd rather not throw a ton at it and have it be a slight disappointment.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone recommend a decent but cheap tablet please? My son would like a computer for his upcoming birthday (He's young but knows how to safely use a computer and navigate one.) but I feel a tablet may be better suited for him, he would be using it for general internet access/flash games, paint type deals and a bit of word processing.

I looked at this one: Tablet but I'd rather not throw a ton at it and have it be a slight disappointment.

Thanks in advance.

What's your budget? Most tablets run on Android, so you're really just looking at processor power and memory differences to sway your decision.

This one seems like a decent spec for the price, only downside is that Archos amend the operating system to use their own store, etc (according to the review on the site, but he still gave it 4 stars so it can't be that bad). Like you said, if it's for your lad to play flash games and stuff on you can't go wrong.

8gig of storage is plenty, but it can be expanded with a Micro SD card up to another 32gig if you want to load it with videos for him.

Archived