Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

That was one of the things that came out during his negotiations last year, that he was looking into buying them when they were up for sale. Might have been (or more likely was) a ploy during his negotiations to get a better deal, but thats what was going about. Thats why they dropped ROH's name during that shoot promo. To make all the smart marks go "ooooo!!!" Came to nothing, and I imagine he's way to smart to be buying a piece of shit promotion in the current wrestling climate.

If he did buy them, they'd have got a new owner and an actual TV star who is synonymous with the promotion that casual fans knew as well. Would have been the only chance they had of crossing over.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I've been saying it for years, there simply isn't enough interest in pro wrestling anymore for there to be another company even come close to making it into the mainstream. ROH were doing just fine under Sapolski a few years back, doing their thing, putting on good shows and managing to carve themselves a little corner of the market.

They fucked it up by trying to make the next step. It's like MMA promotions getting some success on a local level and then trying to go national and compete with the UFC. It simply won't happen.

• Moderators

I'm just thankful that I belong to the UKFF! A forum that believes in fairness, even handedness, freedom and honour. Something rohworld lacks.

The roh forum is for willies lads. Don't join up or they'll ban you for saying roh should hire Reby Sky!