Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

He's training to be a paramedic at present, so hopefully they use the theme from Casualty as his music.

he has been since like 2008 when he was still married to his wife, which is the 2nd retirement threat he put out, then they got divorced and he won the roh belt

Line up for the upcoming 'Boiling Point' iPPV. Not much to get excited about. Looking pretty bleak for ROH, isn't it?

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against Chikara Grand Champion, Eddie Kingston

TAG TEAM WAR

The Briscoes vs "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino

MIXED TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Ray vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett & "The First Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR IX REMATCH

"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Outlaw" Charlie Haas

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS GRUDGE MATCH

Jay Lethal vs "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa w/ RD Evans

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs "No Fear" Mike Mondo

Signed to appear:

- ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole

• Moderators

That's because roh book shit. People care about Colt Cabana, so book him. Luke Gallows and Chris Masters were two of the best free agents going, and they had a bit of name value, so why didn't they book them? Why don't they look below the border for hot talent and book them? No, they're too busy booking cack like the sameheaded CORNY'S BOY Mike Mondo, along with knowing that they've got no-one left worth a shit to work on top with Steen so get it from elsewhere under a shitty "Cornette hates Steen so much he's going out the company to oust him" angle. I'm expecting to see Dennis Condrey on the iPPV after this do it. Actually, no. Condrey was a top talent, so he wouldn't fit in roh.

It's a company by idiots for idiots at present. I look forward to watching this iPPV for free on their website again like I did the last one, because it's a big bowl of spack.

• Paid Members
Line up for the upcoming 'Boiling Point' iPPV. Not much to get excited about. Looking pretty bleak for ROH, isn't it?

I believe this one was never meant to be an iPPV, but ticket sales for the live event were poor. Seeing as they run their own iPPV broadcasts now, they decided to 'broadcast' this house show to make up for it (each iPPV buy is effectively another ticket sold, with little in the way of overheads). They aren't treating it like one of their 'big' iPPVs.

Could end up a bit like DGUSA/Evolve, where virtually every single show they run now, no matter how large or small, is now offered as an iPPV.

That said, the points about roster, depth, variety, attraction, etc are 100% valid. I'm just about up to the end of 2011 with my ROH viewing, and it seems there is little to get excited about with the promotion.

• Paid Members

ROH is a mess. An awfully ran promotion. Jim Cornette is abysmal as an onscreen personality. He really is. He used to be world class, with delivery second to none. Now he is so fucking false, you have to believe he is playing it for laughs. Kevin Steen and Cornette did a in ring verbal sparring session the other week on their TV show and there was so many pauses and so many cracked grins in between each none nonsensical line if was unreal. It was like they were playing it for laughs.

Its one thing to come across as small time, but its another thing to come across as small time and absolutely boring. And thats how they are now. There's no KENTA. There's no McGuinness vs Danielson matches. There's no Dragon Gate imports tearing the house down. Its just Team Ambition (the worst name in history and most hilarious example of pretend fighters thinking they are actually hard) fucking about in their underpants. Cornette is Vince Russo. He's shit, out of touch and doesn't understand what his audience want. And its everyones fault but his. He's killed ROH. He's got rid of people he doesn't get like El Generico and Colt Cabana and replaced them with the Pale Skinned Express. He's destroyed locker room moral and most of them are desperate for their contracts to run out and dart out the door. Because they can make as much money outside of ROH, because ROH pays bollock all and its apparently no longer fun to work for and has no exposure anymore. The hardcore fanbase (which was their ONLY fanbase) has turned on them. Its got to a point now where Ring of Honor is on a egg timer. How do you save something that was barely growing when it was at its height?

But, it was either Cornette or Bushwhacker Luke taking over the book. And they marked out and went with James E. Should have went with Cousin Luke. At least the fans would have went home with wet foreheads instead of Team Ambition t-shirts. YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Spot on Ian. Just absolutely spot on.

The point about Generico and Cabana in particular rings true with me. I still remember reading the first Sinclair taping results, where Generico lost the TV title on his first defense... then I got to the point in my DVD viewing where Generico won the belt. The crowd went pretty mental. In the main event of that same DVD Davey Richards won the World title. So with a Richards reign and Generico loss to look forward to, I stopped watching. Nearly ten years of ROH watching, and buying every single DVD, and I've stopped like that. I've seen about three ROH matches in the year since. I just don't care for it at all.

Edited by gadge

For me ROH's turning point was when Sapolsky left. The promotion was growing slowly - you can say what you like about Gabe, but he got that it was never going to be more than a 'third place' promotion and that they may as well simply stay loyal to the fans they had rather than attempting to be something they're not. After he left, I (and plenty of other people it seems) simply was not as bothered any more. I'm not one who thinks he was a genius and everything he does is great - I haven't even looked at Dragon Gate USA or EVOLVE - but he seemed to be a perfect fit for ROH, and nothing seems to have worked properly since.

It's just a shame for me as I followed ROH since it came into existence. It's puzzling as Cornette I thought used to talk sense, but reading his last commentary in FSM, he was running over the same old retoric about TNA which has turned a real corner.

Sometimes I think they can turn a corner, but if they keep making stupid decision after stupid decision... Sinclair won't save them, they'd chuck in the towel in a couple of months. They need to rehire Colt Cabana, El Generico and take Delirious out of the booking room and put him in the ring. Then fire a whole shit load of useless talent (Team Ambition in particular) and managers and try to start again. A load of ex-WWE talent must be looking for... Actually, just kill it off. Leave us with the memories and sell the half decent talent and TV library to TNA.