Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Apparently Warren is looking for a replacement for Banks. Still he'd be lucky to get anyone decent at this late stage and, of course, no title at stake. Herbie Hide seems to fighting at the weight every few months or so in Germany, and so must be in shape...Won't happen, but would help the bill tremendously if it did.

Maccarinelli is without an opponent again after Alvarez is out after initially failing to make the weight, then failing a medical.

What's the betting on an Eastern European replacement?

Oh dear, this whole Excel event is turning in to an absolute disaster. Enzo's new opponent is Norris No-Name himself, Matthew Ellis, who has only fought three times in the last five years. It appears to still be for the World Cruiserweight title, so basically Enzo has been given a free world title.

Not bad that.

EDIT: Maybe the WBO title is no longer on the line for Enzo. Sky Sports says it is, but BBC says it isnt.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

What an absolute fiasco this has been. Guys get injured and all that from time to time, but this seems to happen on every single sports network card. Even the one I went to a couple of years back had a late cancellation and Micheal Jennings knocking the stuffing out of some over matched chump. I think i'd rather take 15 quid and throw it out the window.

Pacman comes in at 142Ib's :confused:

De La Hoya at 145! :omg:

Rumours are circulating that the scale was put in De La Hoya's favour and was not calibrated correctly.

At the press conference afterwards, both Manny and Freddie Roach claim Pacman weighed himself before and after the weigh in on his OWN scales and weighed 146!

If that's the case, Oscar may have been 149Ibs at the weigh-in - 2Ibs over the limit and $6 million out of pocket (there was a $3m fine for every pound both fighters went over the limit).

Hope Pacquaio wins but Oscar's power will probably prove too strong...

Right peeps, question time...

I recall watching a series of Boxing documentaries on BBC2 on a Sunday night around 2005-ish called "The Fight". At least, I think I do. I only really remember that one of them was the story of Jake la Motta, and I thought it was fascinating despite only being an occasional Boxing viewer back then.

Anyway, after spending ages trying to find more info about the programmes, I hadn't, except for finding a series called "The Fight" that I am downloading at the minute. Only because they weren't released on DVD as far as I know.

I am downloading the first episode at the moment, which is about the Joe Louis v Max Schmeling fight from 1938.

Now is the programme I'm dowloading at the minute, part of that series that was on BBC2 in 2004/2005-ish?

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Pacman comes in at 142Ib's :confused:

De La Hoya at 145! :omg:

Rumours are circulating that the scale was put in De La Hoya's favour and was not calibrated correctly.

At the press conference afterwards, both Manny and Freddie Roach claim Pacman weighed himself before and after the weigh in on his OWN scales and weighed 146!

If that's the case, Oscar may have been 149Ibs at the weigh-in - 2Ibs over the limit and $6 million out of pocket (there was a $3m fine for every pound both fighters went over the limit).

Hope Pacquaio wins but Oscar's power will probably prove too strong...

Will they be filing a grievance with the Nevada State Athletic Commission?

• Paid Members

big night of fights tonight :)

ive decided to get the PPV with forum bong-abusing legend Stuey2dope, i think the Macarinelli fight is going to be a ridiculous mis-match, but at least they got him an opponent.

i'll be checking out the Froch fight tomorrow.

does anyone have any idea of fight times?

maybe i could see Froch and not miss anything of note on the Sky show.

Froch should be in the ring about 11.00. Sky show will start about 10.15. I'm guessing the running order is gonna be Audley, Enzo, then Khan. You're likely to miss something from the PPV show.