Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I also forgot about the Kessler fight. Anyone know if it has started yet?

Can't wait for Pacman/Marquez VI tonight. Marquez is looking in the best shape I've ever seen him in and Pac looks like he has regained the fire inside and seems set on taking Marquez out so that there is no confusion. I just think with the way Marquez fights, Pac is always going to have problems with him and I can't see it being anything but very close again. I go with Pac to win another close decision and once again get the W with a sense of controversy.

• Paid Members

FUCK! I'm speechless.

Unbelievable. Thank fuck Pacquiao's OK, I genuinely thought he might be seriously hurt or worse for a minute there. He was out a good minute. I was relieved to see him sitting up and smiling. Brutal knockout.

Amazing fight before the finish as well. Marquez got off to the typical slow start but the knockdown in the 3rd really set the fight on fire. Fight and KO of the year for boxing without a doubt for me. I'm a big fan of both but I'm really happy for Marquez. For how he fought in the previous 3 fights he didn't deserve a 2-1-0 shutout. And what a redemption for the robbery last year.

There has to be a 5th fight now. Mental. Who wouldn't want to see a 5th? If Pacman even carries on that is. He might just hang them up and go for president but fuck knows. I can't see his pride letting him go out like that. Marquez should probably retire to be honest. He'll never top that. But he won't. Big money fights will be piling in now.

I think we'll be seeing Pacquiao vs Marquez V. What a mental series of fights. They need to do a Legendary Nights documentary on these two.

I can't sleep after that.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
How did you score the fight before the ending? I had Pacquaio up 47-46.

I had it the same. I had...

Rd 1 - Pacquiao 10-9

Rd 2 - Pacquiao 10-9

Rd 3 - Marquez 10-8

Rd 4 - Marquez 10-9

Rd 5 - Pacquiao 10-8

Rd 6....

ATfP3.png

Edited by wandshogun09

How did you score the fight before the ending? I had Pacquaio up 47-46.

I had it the same. I had...

Rd 1 - Pacquiao 10-9

Rd 2 - Pacquiao 10-9

Rd 3 - Marquez 10-8

Rd 4 - Marquez 10-9

Rd 5 - Pacquiao 10-8

Scored it same as you. Great minds think alike ;) .

f.gif

Damn.

Edited by The Natural

That looks the option for Floyd as he wants to fight on both mexican holidays next year, but he fought Cotto on Mexican day back in May, so who knows. He dodged a bullet here though, he may have missed out on 100m+, but he can make that up in two fights with what he generates and not have to take the biggest risk of his career against Pac.

• Paid Members

As much as I really want to see Mayweather vs Pacquiao, I've always thought Floyd would win the actual fight relatively comfortably. You never know but I've just always had a hard time picturing Manny winning that one. Marquez, even before last night, showed what a counter punching, thinking boxer with great timing could do against Manny and I always felt like Floyd would just be a step or two ahead and win either by decision or a late stoppage.

Mayweather most likely fights Guerrero next I'd imagine. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Alvarez vs Cotto still, despite Cotto's loss to Trout. If Canelo beat Cotto he'd probably get the next crack at Floyd.

What next for Marquez? Ideally he'd retire because it won't get any better for him than what he did last night. But he'll carry on. A 5th Pacquiao fight will surely happen but I'd like to see Marquez vs Bradley next I think.