Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah despite Chisora acting like a twat there's still something likeable about him for me.

I really think Khan vs Garcia will be excellent for however long it lasts. Just see Khan being a bit too fast and sharp and overwhelming him in the later rounds. You never know though, Garcia is unbeaten, just think Khan will be too much for him. But yeah, if Khan gets dragged into a brawl who knows.

I think Haye will either win within two rounds or on a points decision. Can't see Chisora being able to handle the speed. Khan should have too much for Garcia, I take him to win by late stoppage or wide points decision. Talk of Khan/Mayweather in December, hopefully Khan isn't looking past Garcia as he seemed to be when fighting Peterson last time round. Should be a good night of boxing.

if Khan wins tonight I'd expect him to have one fight at 147lbs and then a shot at Floyd. I'd take Floyd to win the fight all day long, but it would be exciting, its one of the few fights left out there for May at this point. I've finally let go the thought of him and Pac getting it on.

I would take Floyd as well, but if Khan won I would not be as shocked as some.

I give him a better chance than others, think Khan may face Marquez at some point as he is ranked number 1 at Light Welter, the Peterson rematch is also a option.

I like that Khan is on Sky Sports as well, along with Carl Froch they are the two most easy to watch top flight boxers on TV in this day and age, no subscription fee or PPV.

Tyson Fury is getting there, but I still do not consider him top flight.

I've followed the career of David Haye for a very long time and hope he wins tonight but I also can't help but like Del-Boy.

He's a funny old character but underneath it all a decent guy from what I can tell.

I'm also a massive fan of Adam Booth and think Don Charles comes across well when interviewed, coaching and dealing with the crap Chisora throws at him at times can't be easy.

Yeah, I like Adam Booth, their is something likable about his smugness. Reading Making Haye by Elliot Worsall (a decent writer and close friend of Haye), they all come across like a good bunch.

Del-Boy is a bit of a softie by some accounts, visiting a music college for children and encouraging them and his love of dogs (not his girlfriend, she is fit as fuck)

Edited by jimufctna24

Fact is, boxing's a sleazy business that often appeals to the worst in us to make some money. Most boxers have to do and say shit to get attention. Chisora will probably get a career record pay-off for this one and, if he's wise, create a nest egg for him to live off for the rest of his life. If he and Haye have to call each other vile things and look at each other from either side of a fence in press conferences to achieve that aim, good luck to them.