Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

just found out also that Channel 5's next boxing show will be July 7th, Tyson Fury fights Vinny Maddalone. Should be a fun brawl if anything, Maddalone's a scrapper.

• Paid Members

I was wondering when 5 would have their next boxing show on. Thought they'd do one leading into Pac/Bradley the other week but they didn't.

I'll tune in for the Harrison fight, what a rollercoaster. Burns vs Mitchell could be a belter. Really looking forward to that one.

Both Chisora and Haye are a joke. This fight they're having is basically a freakshow bout that came about because both of them acted like thugs in Germany.

It's pretty sad that boxing in the UK has come to this kind of shite.

Anyone see the card last night? Poor Paul Appleby, 24 years old and had way too many wars... sad to say but he may be shot already...

Harrison looked like a fucking beast, it genuinely looked like bodybuilder vs child in his fight, good to see he's got himself in good shape though. A few wins (not even good ones) and he will be fighting Burns.

I'd heard from a few boys that I know in Cambuslang about Harrison training for this fight like there was no tomorrow. Going from the shape he was in he's taking his career seriously, so hopefully he can keep the nut screwed and try to regain something of what he had.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know any decent boxing podcasts?

Edited by David

Both Chisora and Haye are a joke. This fight they're having is basically a freakshow bout that came about because both of them acted like thugs in Germany.

"Acted" like thugs. It was like a poor edition of TNA or something? Pathetic! Bring on Michael Price, I simply can't wait!

• Paid Members

i don't see how it's a bad thing when 18,000 tickets have been sold already. People wanna see these guys fight, so lets see it.

I can't wait, i loves me a grudge match.

i don't see how it's a bad thing when 18,000 tickets have been sold already. People wanna see these guys fight, so lets see it.

I can't wait, i loves me a grudge match.

Just because something sells doesn't mean it isn't a joke, Ebb. I know you rock that simplistic "I just wanna see fights" view, and that's fair enough, but you can't deny that the fight is built on a total farce.

• Paid Members

I think the fact that it has been built on a total farce makes me want to see it even more. I hate build ups where two fighters who should be looking to destroy each other, end up sucking each other off. Best example I can think of is Pacquiao/Mosely. It was ridiculous, especially during the match where they kept touching gloves.

At least with Haye and Chisora, there's a chance that reserved tactics will be out the window, and the two will just want to do 12 rounds of Prizefighter.

I think the fact that it has been built on a total farce makes me want to see it even more. I hate build ups where two fighters who should be looking to destroy each other, end up sucking each other off.

By "sucking each other off" I assume you mean actually have respect for their opponent and act with a certain level of decency? You mention the Pacquiao/Mosely fight, but I don't recall them mentioning bad blood or wanting to "destroy each other" before the fight.

It is possible for two men to compete in a sporting activity that involves a level of violence without them having to hate each other beforehand. I'd rather they treated each other with respect than pretend they hate each other and talk ridiculous amounts of shite.

At least with Haye and Chisora, there's a chance that reserved tactics will be out the window, and the two will just want to do 12 rounds of Prizefighter.

Or, we'll see Haye outclass Chisora before he stops him in the later rounds. If you expect someone as smart as him to go in there with a Prizefighter mentality you're deluded. He'll fight his usual fight, which will have the punters who buy into the "grudge match" build spitting blood.

That won't matter though, because they'll have already put their hands in their pockets.