Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking. I really think Marquez is the one guy who will always give him trouble style wise, moreso than Manny losing a step.

Also, I've sort of fell for the 'Manny's distracted' talk before so I'm a bit weary of that this time. I think Bradley could really be a tough fight but like said above he's not fought anyone like Pacquiao yet. I'll stick with my original pick, Pacman to take the win on the cards.

Just watched the weigh-in for Pac/Bradley. Pac came in dead on 147lbs his heaviest ever weight ever and Bradley was a pound under. Pac was smiling as always, whilst Bradley was trying to stare a hole through him trying to intimidate. I can't see anything but a Pac win by late stoppage or on a wide UD. Bradley is talking a good game and is a strong fighter but I don't think he has to power to beat Pac on the inside and on the outside he isn't skillful enough to out box Pac long enough to win the fight, no matter how great he claims he is as a counter puncher. Looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

Watched all four 24/7s this morning. Bradley was good talking himself up and he seems legitimately confident going in, doesn't seem like an act he really believe he's gonna win. Seems like a good bloke too. 24/7 never fails to get me pumped up for a fight. Still think Manny wins on points but I think it might be closer than a lot are predicting.

I hope Manny wins too, because I wanted to put a bet on Bradley just in case but can't afford it because it's my niece's birthday tomorrow and my brother's stag do next week. If Bradley shocks the world tonight I'll be gutted.

And of course, a Pacman win keeps a glimmer of hope alive for the Mayweather fight at least. If Manny wins then Manny vs Floyd needs to get made sharpish. If it doesn't get made both of them and Bob Arum should be charged with robbing the public.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Ha that's cool, nearest I got to something like that was someone in my year at school was on Corrie once as an extra. He said Vera Duckworth was lovely but Emily Bishop was a cunt for what it's worth.

Meant to mention in my last post how much Tim Bradley reminds me of a little version of Jon Jones. The face, the mannerisms, it's uncanny. Add a foot or so of height obviously.

Staying up for this after finding a stream, want to make a effort whilst Manny and Floyd are still around to watch there fights live. I get the feeling they will be gone in a few years.

I am quite a casual fan, so these prelims best be good.