Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

That looked exceptionally dodgy, the punch didn't look like anything. I'm sure he sold the right leg before selling the left later. Just seemed very dodgy to watch.

Odlanier Solis has sustained serious knee injuries in his first-round knockout defeat by WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on Saturday.

The 30-year-old Cuban was taken to hospital, where a scan revealed tears to his anterior cruciate ligament and external meniscus, as well as cartilage damage in his right knee.

The crowd in Cologne was disappointed by the 179-second bout. The fans booed and whistled for several minutes after it ended.

Klitschko said he

• Paid Members

BBC Clicky

According to German newspaper Die Welt, Solis had already had a problem with his right knee before the fight.

"We knew it, but we didn't want to let it jeopardise the fight against Vitali," said the Cologne Arena spokesman Malte Mueller-Michaelis.

"His manager Jose Perez knew about the previous problem, but it was thought it would go away if there was enough training and the muscle stabilised the knee."

If he went in there with a dodgy knee then he is an idiot. Hope the payday was worth it.

yeh, alot of the time it doesn't work out in...I remember Takaloo being on the recieving end of one of the worst KO's ive ever seen.

around 1:40 in.

YEOUCH! He looked like he had the other guy in trouble for a bit there too.

Thats ironic because if I remember rightly he was trained by Jim Mcdonnell and he got KO'd in a very similar fashion by Azumah Nelson...

Turns out Howard Eastman is doing time for Cannabis possession....

• Paid Members

so gutted with the Vitali/Solis fight :( Barry McGuigan's head almost fell off in the build up, he was getting really excited. The time in which it lasted it did look like it was gonna shape up to be a good one too. Just a shame with what happened, the punch definately took Solis' legs, just looked like the loss of balance just blew his knee out. It happens :(

It sucked bad. I was watching it with my friend who is sadly currently on the shelf after a 3rd op on a ruptured cruciate ligament and he called it straight away. Even at the the body language was a stick on that it was nothing other than legitimate the lad looked distraught. Actually reminded me a wee bit of the Tyson v Seldon fight when it had some people calling foul after a fairly innocuous looking punch in real time but when you see it slowed down on replay it was bang on the temple.

PS: Another great Ringside this week with a feature interview with Bernard Hopkins. Fast becoming one of the best programmes on SKY Sports over the last couple of months.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members

According to Bob Arum there's plans for a Cotto vs Margarito rematch for July 16th. With possible fights involving Marco Antonio Barrera and Kermit Cintron on the undercard.

Edited by wandshogun09

anyone watching Mayorga/Cotto this weekend? its gonna be brutal.

ive been watching a lot of Mayorga stuff this week, total maniac. I love combat sport hype, and a lot of it is hype/playing up for the camera's, but with Mayorga's it's legit. that guys got an element of danger about him, he seems unstable. It makes for exciting viewing, i love it!

Is it on Sky, mate?

ive been watching a lot of Mayorga stuff this week, total maniac. I love combat sport hype, and a lot of it is hype/playing up for the camera's, but with Mayorga's it's legit. that guys got an element of danger about him, he seems unstable. It makes for exciting viewing, i love it!

Is it on Sky, mate?

You do realise that he posted that over two weeks ago, don't you? The fight has been & gone man.

Is it on Sky, mate?

It was on the 12th mate, has been and gone. Info here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...ghts-fight.html

Just got round to watching PrizeFighter on SKY+

All i can say it strikes me as more and more crooked as each event comes and goes. I'm not sure if it's the insistence to show in-play betting odds every two minutes but the whole thing seems a sham. Can't get the thought of the boxing scenes in Snatch out of my mind when i watch it. It's just a hunch and i don't have anything to base it on but it just seems such a stitch up.