Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Its on at 6pm tomorrow night on Sky Sports. Alverez came in over weight so had to sacrifice 30% of his purse for the fight. I can see Alverez stopping Hatton, i think he'll be to big and powerful for him I think it's a joke Hatton is fighting for a title at a weight he has never fought at before.

Anyway, heres a great you tube clip of Sugar Ray Robinson - The Greatest of All Time according to many experts.

Its on at 6pm tomorrow night on Sky Sports. Alverez came in over weight so had to sacrifice 30% of his purse for the fight. I can see Alverez stopping Hatton, i think he'll be to big and powerful for him I think it's a joke Hatton is fighting for a title at a weight he has never fought at before.

Anyway, heres a great you tube clip of Sugar Ray Robinson - The Greatest of All Time according to many experts.

I wish that Sky had picked up the Hatton fight but I am looking forward to seeing Carl Johanesson against Sykes tonight. I hope he can show some of the form of 3 years ago.

Also, Klitschko has pulled out of the Chisora fight AGAIN. This is the man who would be fine to fight 2 fights in 6 weeks. Lets re-emphasise this. He has not reinjured himself, this is no new injury, this is the original one.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41924125/ns/sports/

thats a shame for del boy, i read his last training camp cost him over 20 grand - which he lost when he pulled out the first time, so i dare say this one has as well, surely he should get some compo for that that. The good side is he must certainly be fighting Haye in July, hopefully with a Groves Degale undercard.

I think Sykes wll probably take it in the later rounds then hopefully have a good old tear up with burns later on in the year. I love Burns, the scotters are mad for him, always a great atmsphere wen he fights.

• Paid Members

anyone think this may having something to do with Haye coming to terms with Klitchsko? apparently the new talks are going well. Derek Chisora must be fucking gutted though, talk about messing with a guys emotions.

I read the other day too that Hatton wouldn't fight if Alvarez came in over weight?

Also, Klitschko has pulled out of the Chisora fight AGAIN. This is the man who would be fine to fight 2 fights in 6 weeks. Lets re-emphasise this. He has not reinjured himself, this is no new injury, this is the original one.

errrrrrrrr, he's pulling out of the fight to fight Haye instead.

errrrrrrrr, he's pulling out of the fight to fight Haye instead.

The fight is still not confirmed and they can't say that outright but I repeat what I said. This is the man who REPEATEDLY boasted he would be taking both fights, not screwing over one fighter at the last minute with a stream of BS.

Shame for Johanssen tonight. Thought he put up a good fight and the score cards were WELL out but I think the result went the right way. If he does call it a day he won't go out in shame.

• Paid Members

Apparently a deal has finally been agreed for Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye. The date for the fight is meant to be either June 25th or July 2nd and the fight will be in Germany.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/otherspor...-confirmed.html

Not holding my breath but I hope it actually happens this time.

Also Winky Wright vs Matthew Macklin has been called off cos Wright has injured his hand :(

Apparently a deal has finally been agreed for Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye. The date for the fight is meant to be either June 25th or July 2nd and the fight will be in Germany.

Hopefully this will put an end to those who believe that Haye is the best thing to hit the Heavyweight division since Tyson.

Hopefully this will put an end to those who believe that Haye is the best thing to hit the Heavyweight division since Tyson.

And we can go back to enjoying all the great fights the faceless Eastern Europeans were putting on before Haye moved up to heavyweight. I can't wait for Klitschko vs Ibragimov II!

And we can go back to enjoying all the great fights the faceless Eastern Europeans were putting on before Haye moved up to heavyweight. I can't wait for Klitschko vs Ibragimov II!

Whilst you can't be bothered with such a fight, I'm sure there are a good few thousand German & Russian fans who will be tuning in.

There's no real interest in Haye either outside of the UK.

Whilst you can't be bothered with such a fight, I'm sure there are a good few thousand German & Russian fans who will be tuning in.

Is there really interest in Ibragimov outside of wherever the hell he's from though? Surely with Haye vs Klitschko there will be a few thousand English and German fans for that no? Pointless argument. :rolleyes:

Is there really interest in Ibragimov outside of wherever the hell he's from though? Surely with Haye vs Klitschko there will be a few thousand English and German fans for that no? Pointless argument. :rolleyes:

That is the problem, its only German and Russian fans tuning in. That's why the US networks have given up on the Brothers Klit. America is interested in Haye. Granted they dismiss him as a big-headed big-mouth and they want to see him get trounced, but most American fight fans can't tell Wladimir and Vitali apart. If fans hate someone enough they will pay to see him lose, Prince Naseem and Chris Eubank's careers were founded on it and its also why Audley managed to keep getting TV exposure for as long as he did.

The heavyweight division has needed fresh blood for a long time, distinguishable names that raise excitement. A cocky bloke with looks that earnt him modelling work and a dynamite punch will sell tickets. Of course he's got to beat Wlad first but that is an argument for another time. The fact is Haye as WBA/IBF/WBO champion, if promoted correctly, will make a lot of money and make people care about the heavies again.

That is the problem, its only German and Russian fans tuning in. That's why the US networks have given up on the Brothers Klit. America is interested in Haye. Granted they dismiss him as a big-headed big-mouth and they want to see him get trounced, but most American fight fans can't tell Wladimir and Vitali apart. If fans hate someone enough they will pay to see him lose, Prince Naseem and Chris Eubank's careers were founded on it and its also why Audley managed to keep getting TV exposure for as long as he did.

The heavyweight division has needed fresh blood for a long time, distinguishable names that raise excitement. A cocky bloke with looks that earnt him modelling work and a dynamite punch will sell tickets. Of course he's got to beat Wlad first but that is an argument for another time. The fact is Haye as WBA/IBF/WBO champion, if promoted correctly, will make a lot of money and make people care about the heavies again.

There seems to be alot of hate for Haye and I don't really get it, yeah he's arrogant and trash talks alot but he's our first Heavyweight champion for absoloutly ages and the division is now awful so he's a good thing for the heavyweight division, but if he's to be believed come October he's retiring completely after 20 years in boxing.

Haye's a good fighter, easily the best to move up in years. What I find more worrying is that a heap of other cruiserweights have moved up, none as good as Haye, and all of them have found success beating up bums in this division. Tomasz Adamek signed on to fight Vitali a couple of months ago and he's fought nobody since he became a heavyweight.

There seems to be alot of hate for Haye and I don't really get it, yeah he's arrogant and trash talks alot but he's our first Heavyweight champion for absoloutly ages and the division is now awful so he's a good thing for the heavyweight division, but if he's to be believed come October he's retiring completely after 20 years in boxing.

It's not hate for him, it's simply that I don't believe he's done enough to warrant as much shit-talking. Sure, people will pay to see someone they dislike lose, but that isn't the case in the US. The fans there don't dislike him, they're indifferent to him, and most of the pundits see him as a bit of a joke.

He's been going on about this Kiltschko fight for fucking ages, and it's never happened.