Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Tyson Fury is set to face veteran Francois Botha next month i London...i'll be tuning in for that and praying that The White Buffalo scores the upset.

Might try and get tickets for that, could be interesting. Enjoying seeing Carl 'Low Ki' Johannsen in the ring again and hope he has found the passion again as he was one of my favourite domestic fighters, loved the way he took apart Ricky Burns. The way that Kirakosyian destroyed him nearly four years ago was so hard to watch as was the defeat to Kevin Mitchell but both those fighters are genuine class.

Interested in the main event. Jamie McDonald is a good fighter and heard good things about Jamoye. Good start to the televised boxing year IMHO.

Edited by rubbafish

Evander Holyfield is in action again this weekend, morbid curiosity will mean i'll tune in.

For those interested this was a 3 round no contest. After an accidental headbutt Holyfield received a cut over his left eye but with the way the fight was going, I think Williams would have beat him.

The match ending moment is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqsdS_tVU7o

• Paid Members

it wasn't looking good for Holyfield, he was moving well and throwing lots of punches and had him winnings the first 2 rounds, but everytime Williams landed Holyfield looked rattled. The cut was clearly opened by a headbutt (despite Williams claiming otherwise) and Holyfield made a tactical decision to pull out, it's not something you'd expect from a warrior like Holyfield, but i think it was the right decision.

Tyson Fury is set to face veteran Francois Botha next month i London...i'll be tuning in for that and praying that The White Buffalo scores the upset.

This fight is not happening according to The Sun newspaper, apparently it should have never been announced. Something about Botha being to old and shite to fight in the UK.

Botha been doing the Holyfield stuff with fighting in weird and wonderful places across the globe who will give him a license and let him go. I'm sure he was actually meant to be facing Holyfield soon but it got postponed then Holyfield was meant to be using Saturday as a tuneup fight for Brian Nielsen in a month or two. Think that would be unlikely so soon after getting a cut on the eye so you might even end up with Nielsen fighting Botha.

Botha been doing the Holyfield stuff with fighting in weird and wonderful places across the globe who will give him a license and let him go. I'm sure he was actually meant to be facing Holyfield soon but it got postponed then Holyfield was meant to be using Saturday as a tuneup fight for Brian Nielsen in a month or two. Think that would be unlikely so soon after getting a cut on the eye so you might even end up with Nielsen fighting Botha.

It's already happened, Botha last to Holyfield a year back. Disappointed with Holyfield bottling it on Saturday, the cut was nothing but I guess a no contest is worth the risk over potentially losing and it really being the end of his career. With all the fannying about over this fight, I can't see him fighting brian Nielsen in a month. The cut gives him a perfect excuse to have another 6 months off, re-evaluate, and probably have the fight at the end of the year when he realises he needs the money.

• Paid Members

anyone see Alexander/Bradley :( first disappointment of the year, the film just didn't spark into life....deeply unsatifying ending too. Alexander looked like he wanted a way out, which was kinda weird...

Prizefighter was fun friday night though, the two fights involving Menay Edwards were insane.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember Gerald McClellan? A lot of the God-fearing types in the States thought his brain damage was a punishment from God because he abused animals, didn't they?

A class fighter. Would have loved to have seen him and Roy Jones fight in the pros but was sadly never to be. As for animal abuse, he was accused of being involved in dog fighting I believe.