Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

they have also added the card from china this saturday starts at 2:30pm over here, which features 3 world title fights (think boxnation just showing the top two) along with the debut of the exciting prospect Zou Shiming in the main event in a 4 rounder. Zou Shiming is a Olympic gold medalist and three time amateur world champion, have read reports that Shiming is getting $300,000 for his debut fight from Arum and Top Rank. This may sound absurd but Shiming is a mega star in china apparently so could be a sound investment from top rank as no doubt he will draw big ppv numbers in china and maybe help them crack the market other there

also regrading the HD i tweeted them this afternoon and got this back from them " It's coming Jamie, but we don't know when yet. When we know more, we'll be tweeting it out to let you all know."

yeh its about time, if their standard definition feed wasn't so bad i wouldn't be too bothered but it's shocking at times.

yeah its horrendous at times, with todays day and age and the fact that we are paying

Anyone been watching the card this afternoon from China? Main event started and then the world lost the transmission feed. It wouldn't be Chinese if it didn't break within 10 minutes.

The rematch between Enzo Maccarinelli/Ovill McKenzie is going to take place on Warren's Rule Britannia show.

You always get something entertaining from Big Mac. Massive knockouts, 90 second rounds, controversial stoppages. The state he's in now, its strangely macabre watching any of his fights because one big shot and its all over for him.

• Paid Members

yeh i wanna watch the Rule Britannia show, despite all the problems that's gone along with it Warren's actually salvaged it and made it into something worth watching, Liam Walsh/Scott Harrison is also on there.

I think this is a bit of a silver lining for Bellew. If he was given the win in his last fight and then went on to face Dawson. Chances are, he would of got demolished and went back to square one. Now he can face quality competition again and learn from his mistakes.

The World Boxing Council have ranked Amir Khan at no.2 in their welterweight rankings. Pretty high up for someone who's never fought at welterweight before. Could be lined up for Mayweather once he's dispossessed Guerrero.

• Paid Members

i aint really sure how boxing rankings work, a lot of the time it seems random but it's a possibilty.

As for Bellew/Chilemba, it's also been announced that the winner will still go on to face Dawson so i guess that was an incentive for why Bellew took the fight again. Chilemba was just a nightmare opponent for Bellew though, i aint really sure what Bellew can do differently other than just not 'taking rounds off' as he said he did in the first fight, it's just a bad clash of styles...it's strange that it's been put together from the standpoint that the first fight was actually pretty bad.

• Paid Members

I was going to say Bellew/Chiemba can't be headliner again but i checked the link and it's on Froch/Kessler II card.

This is a huge fight for Tony. Chiemba is hard to look good against but if balls this up it's hard to see where he goes. The Division is wank.

• Paid Members

I was coming in to post that Road To Donaire vs Rigondeaux video, it's only short but it's really good. I'm intrigued by this fight, Rigondeuax was such an accomplished amateur and has looked fantastic in the pros so far so it's going to be really interesting to see how Donaire approaches this one. It's a tricky puzzle for him to solve. I'm not sure which way I'm going with it. I originally picked Donaire on points so I guess I'll stick with that.