Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

And I'd expect Morales vs Limond to be picked up by Sky,maybe even ITV at a long shot.

If Limond wins against a name like Morales it will be huge for him,it's gotta be shown live surely.He could pull it off at this stage aswell I think.

I doubt very much the Limond match will happen, let alone be on telly.

• Paid Members

just watched an excellent little documentary called Muhammad and Larry, part of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

Muhammad Ali is pretty much seen by everyone as the dude that fought Joe Frazier and George Foreman, all the famous footage of the man comes from around those times and it's that stuff that he's best remember for fight wise. This documentary focuses on a part of his career that's pretty much brusged under the carpet. It focuses on Ali's vicious beating at the hands of Larry Holmes.

Seriously, get it. Some of the stuff on here is a real eye opener...to see Ali in such horrible condition preparing to fight the best heavyweight in the world is horrible, wrong and ever so slightly scary. Shows how nasty and money hungry boxing can be, and shows a perfect example of how many fighters just can't let it go and quit.

Get it!

just watched an excellent little documentary called Muhammad and Larry, part of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

Muhammad Ali is pretty much seen by everyone as the dude that fought Joe Frazier and George Foreman, all the famous footage of the man comes from around those times and it's that stuff that he's best remember for fight wise. This documentary focuses on a part of his career that's pretty much brusged under the carpet. It focuses on Ali's vicious beating at the hands of Larry Holmes.

Seriously, get it. Some of the stuff on here is a real eye opener...to see Ali in such horrible condition preparing to fight the best heavyweight in the world is horrible, wrong and ever so slightly scary. Shows how nasty and money hungry boxing can be, and shows a perfect example of how many fighters just can't let it go and quit.

Get it!

Sounds like it could be well worth a look. At one stage in the actual fight, Holmes is particularly reluctant to punish Ali in the corner, and you actually see Ali telling Holmes to hit him. A sad end to Alis career, but as you say how many boxers quit on top.

And I'd expect Morales vs Limond to be picked up by Sky,maybe even ITV at a long shot.

If Limond wins against a name like Morales it will be huge for him,it's gotta be shown live surely.He could pull it off at this stage aswell I think.

I doubt very much the Limond match will happen, let alone be on telly.

This. If it does turn out to happen, a long shot on showing it would be Primetime-but it certainly won't be shown anywhere mainstream.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

David Haye vs Audley Harrison is supposed to be pretty much certain for November 13th in Manchester.

There's been rumblings that it will likely be a joint Sky PPV with the Pacquiao-Margarito fight on the same night.

• Paid Members

Yeah I know.Wladimir's been calling out Haye for a bit now and claiming he's ducking him and his brother.

This is an article from April just after Haye beat John Ruiz.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8615884.stm

And here's the source for the Haye-Harrison fight

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/extra/838918-...-date-is-agreed

Edited by wandshogun09

Not sure I agree. I think it is a sensible fight for Haye in that the British people want to see it and can make him money and the Klitch-slows already have their next fights in place (Wladimir against Samuel Peter and Vitali against Shannon Briggs). Why stay inactive waiting for the 2 Ukranians to fight their journeymen? That would make no sense at all. Keep building up the fight so people will want it even more.