Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

anyone gonna check out Prize Fighter on sky tonight??8 man, 1 night heavyweight tournament...it's promoted by Barry Hearn who's admitted he's trying to take a leaf out the UFC's book.it's gonna be pretty interesting, i'll be tuning in :thumbsup:

I am but it has annoyed me how they are calling it new and unique when it was done with much bigger 'stars' and fanfare in the U.S. back in the day with people like Gwen Stefani performing live between bouts.Oh well, will be interesting if nothing else.

• Paid Members

It was awesome... until the fuckwits somehow managed to overrun so anyone who recorded it was cut off midway through the final.Given that they knew they had seven matches, and each was going three rounds at most, I'm absolutely baffled how they could be so incompetent. It's not like trying to schedule a show with three 12-round fights where there's a bunch of leeway as to how long they could go.

• Paid Members

It was awesome... until the fuckwits somehow managed to overrun so anyone who recorded it was cut off midway through the final.Given that they knew they had seven matches, and each was going three rounds at most, I'm absolutely baffled how they could be so incompetent. It's not like trying to schedule a show with three 12-round fights where there's a bunch of leeway as to how long they could go.

You talking about recording through Sky+?... it worked fine for me :confused: I thought the whole thing was great. Having only 3 rounds made it even better. 12 rounds of boxing doesnt really do it for me these days.

You talking about recording through Sky+?... it worked fine for me :confused: I thought the whole thing was great. Having only 3 rounds made it even better. 12 rounds of boxing doesnt really do it for me these days.
It was alright. The first fight though was a joke. Punched out after 1 round against an opponent who looks like King Hippo... not good. However on the whole, good format and enjoyed it. Poor Clinton Woods was up against someone who found his passion for the sport again and just couldn't handle it. For the record, Danny Williams was on the under card of that in a 6 rounder and got a win on points but managaing to knock his opponent on his asss in the 1st and 4th rounds.Margarito is a machine. I love Kermit and have done for some considerable time but Margarito has his number in that he can take those power shots and keep coming. Also love the bias 'Wouldn't Hatton be a great match up...'. No, Margarito would kill him! However Cintron Vs. Witter, that I would like to see!Now to prepare for next week. Calzaghe I think will get the win, enough said on that. I have more interest in seeing how Audley Harrison does on the undercard. The talk is if he can put on a good performance then MAYBE it will be him Vs. David Haye later in the year and while it is not a HUGE domestic fight, it is one I would like to see.

• Paid Members

even though Tarver looked much better on saturday, Clinton Woods just didn't look up for it...Tarver's style is awkward to deal with accepted but Woods looked morally defeated after a few rounds.Prizefigher however was all kinds of fun, excellent show. I hope they keep putting stuff like that on...Hearn was clever in picking a group of guys who were a mix of up and coming, past it + never had it. Chuck

I don't usually follow boxing much not since watching the Tyson and Bruno fights and couple of Eubanks about 15 years ago but I think wrestling, MMA and boxing in an odd sort of way are helping promote each other just recently it seems to me. Anyway it's good to see Wales representing internationally.