*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

Isn't there the Google factor to take into consideration? Sure, not everyone would, but there might be a few who saw Hogan and googled him to see what he's actually been up to. I'm guessing the TNA website, or something relating to TNA, would appear on the first page of answers somewhere. I know it does for me. Twice.

• Paid Members

Your absolutely mental. Your so cut and dry with how television works. American Idol has policy's against promoting other networks shows, because they dont need anyones help and they dont need to help anyone else promote their shows and there for wouldnt allow them to promote it. Hogan is playing the role of Hulk Hogan. He isnt playing the role of promoter. Hogan is an independent contractor who isnt exclusive to the TNA deal. The producers of American Idol didnt hire "the face of TNA". They hired "old wrestler who is relevent to a running gag on the show". How cant you see that? Can you honestly see Simon Fuller saying "well, professional wrestling is such a turn off to the whole of America and fails to attract advertisers and licensing deals ... but fuck it let them have a plug on the biggest show in the world."

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

My argument has nothing to do with this fella. Your just one of these people who are such a know it all, when they debate and don't agree with someones opinion they come out with shit that is rude and makes you look like a bit of an idiot, which i'm sure your not. I'm not the only one you talk that that too around here. And your argument about plugging on American Idol is totally false because I have seen them plug personalities and shows on other networks several times over the past few seasons alone.

• Paid Members
And your argument about plugging on American Idol is totally false because I have seen them plug personalities and shows on other networks several times over the past few seasons alone.

Was the product they plugged a wrestling show on the same night on a different channel and by a bloke they have on to do a skit with a contestant? Saying stuff like "Hogan on American Idol and he doesn't mention TNA once. Awesome work TNA!" is completely false. I'm just pointing it out to you. Hogan isnt Bon Jovi or George Michael. He's there for them to have a laugh with, not to promote a product to make advertisers happy.

• Paid Members

As big as Hogan is in the world of wrestling, in the world of TV he doesn't mean jack shit much. He got a little spot on Idol on ANOTHER channel the same night as TNA. Do you think the executives at American Idol would really let Hogan promote a show on a rival network. It would be stupid, they shouldn't have a job if they let him, as they would be essentially telling there demographic to piss off to another channel.

It's not the fact that Ian's talking down to you Miz. It's just logic, If Idol was on Spike it would be a different matter altogether.

• Paid Members
No it was plugging a product, regardless of what it is it is still a product that Hogan is being paid big money to work with. And TNA should have asked him to atleast mention it.

and the executives would have said "No mate it's on another channel, that's a bit mental for us to do that in Primetime TV" only in american and using network lingo probably

• Paid Members

Hogan was promoting one product and one product alone, the same product he's been promoting since the turn of the 90s, the product being Hogan.

He could've worn a TNA shirt at the minimum, but no, twas a Hogan shirt.

Either way, the clip was decent. I loved the fact that black lass was so anti wrestling, but as soon as Hogan came out she popped like everyone else. Very disappointed that the 'fan' didn't do the Hall/Nash pointing when he was stood next to the big man.

• Paid Members
Hogan was promoting one product and one product alone, the same product he's been promoting since the turn of the 90s, the product being Hogan.

Of course he was. They hired him. They didnt hire a bells and whistles media campagn with TNA on it.

He could've worn a TNA shirt at the minimum, but no, twas a Hogan shirt.

How do you know he could have? Logos and brand names are forbidden on reality shows and television shows in general, especially ones advertising products on a rival channel. He could have worn a "Bischoff Heavy Entertainment" shirt as well, considering it was through them that he got the gig. But, he your not allowed to.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart