*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Some of the gimmick's of the brand split era...

- Smackdown this weekend got me thinking about this, after watching this promo I still can't believe they ran with this. Aside from the music, the White power gimmick was insanely awkward. Coach trying to put Chavo over as a cool guy whilst also disagreeing with the racism was just plain odd.

Eugene and The Rock - People don't really speak fondly of Eugene when looking back at him, but honestly, I think the gimmick was entertaining as hell when he first debuted. This angle was great, and his whole storyline with Triple H was just excellent.

- Had they not made this his gimmick this would have been a pretty awesome and original way to break up a tag team. As a gimmick it just didn't work for me.

MNM - One of my favorite debuts of the past decade, they looked absolutely brilliant here.

Simon Dean - His debut vignettes were actually pretty funny, but the gimmick just became a little grating for me once it debuted. Still, this is as fun to watch now as it was back then.

DJ Gabriel - "Action movie-esque", in the words of Matt Striker...

Kevin Thorn - Well,

was probably better than the gimmick, but in these days of Twilight this probably could get pretty over. There was something darkly cool about the way they presented him, a few cheesy promos aside. A slight adaptation of this could work really well I reckon.

- Not so much a gimmick, but a great video nonetheless.