The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Opened an online account yesterday, so i can now start actually trying to make money out of this. I had the NY Yankees to beat Boston last night, and thankfully they didnt let me down. So far on the World Cup i have Fernando Torres to be top goalscorer at 33/1. Brian McBride to be top USA goalscorer at 9/4. I'm tempted to bet on Australia & Brazil both to qualify from their group .

Edited by RoryFice

Anyone doing the Betfair World Cup thingy? Havent read into it fully, but I think the gist of it is:- Open a new account, they chuck fictional cash into the account, you bet on world cup games, however gets the most profit gets a share of real cash.Think this could be a nice thing to do for this topic, where we put out bets and tips.

I figured id have a good chance of breaking my seconditis today if I didnt post my selections.... So now ill post them.

4:20 - South OThe Border - NR

2:20 - Million Percent - 2nd @ 11/10

4:40 - Alfie Flits 2nd @ 11/2

Anyway... If you want 2 good forecast bets for tonight, then back the winner with these 2 at Kempton tonight.

7:00 - Spirit of Coniston

7:28 - Young Mick

Got a betfair account? Then you might as well do their little quiz thing. 5 questions about upcoming games. Here is the first one:

How may goals will be scored in the first game?

0-1

2-3

4-5

6-7

8+

Germany v Costa Rica is the opening game. Out of the last six World Cup openers, 4 have ended 1-0, and the other two have been 1-1 and 2-1.

Openers are always tight, and people are questionning whether Germany are over-rated for this cup, so Im definately going for either 0-1 or 2-3. 2-3 seems like the best one to go for, just in case Costa sneak a goal. Ballack also isnt playing.

Also been reading a lot of times that Poland to beat Ecuador @ 2.1 is great value, and that Poland should really be odds on.

Another bet that seems to look good is Germany/Costa, Under 2.5 goals @ 2.2. 5 of the last 6 openers have been under. Germany without Ballack, and over-rated, seems to point to good value at 2.2

Another bet that seems to look good is Germany/Costa, Under 2.5 goals @ 2.2. 5 of the last 6 openers have been under.

In all fairness, 6 random games from previous years gone by really has no effect on the here and now.Any given game can finish at any scoreline (within reason), so to back any particular game based on previous results is entirely ludicrous - especially when Germany and/or Costa Rica weren't even involved in all of them!If I were a betting man (which I am), i'd go for 4-0 to Germany. A contest between France and Senegal four years ago won't be influencing my decision/logic.

Ive gone for the 2-3 goals thing in the Betfair compy.On a horse related note though, I thought id be good and not bet today.... Only really fancied Quito... and there we stop.Stoopid stoopid horses. World Cup Bets:Portugal e/w overall @ 20/1Pauletta e/w top goalscorer @ 33/1Japan to qualify from there group @ 3/1Gonna have a lookie at all the special tonight on t'internet.

Edited by JFFC

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been having a bet at Royal Ascot this week? I had Electrocutionist yesterday but was collared on the line by Ouija Board (a horse who has now cost me well into triple figures one way or another in the last Three years..) but made up for it by having Akona Matata e/w at 20/1 in the big handicap. Today I had Sergeant Cecil which was well beaten and Regal Royale which came Fifth - shame I'd backed it to come in first 4 - damn tight bookies!

I fancy a real card-fest in tonight's Croats/Aussies game [Yellow = 10pts and Red = 25pts] Blue Square go 10/11 70+ points (It was Evens at lunch-time when I looked) Sporting Odds go 11/8 80+ and for a real bloodbath Paddy Power go 85+ points 6/5. The value if you look closely is with Sporting Odds so I'd have a punt at 11/8 if you can still get it by the time you read this!

Advice: 80+ Booking Points in Croatia/Austrailia match - 11/8 Sportingodds.com

Don't know when they are running, but keep an eye out for Bad Intentions and Dallagio.I know the owner and stable staff. Bad Intentions also got a top 3 finish at Goodwood as a 2 year old, and looks pretty good.Dallagio looks pretty good too.Just what I have heard.Also for a good site www.racingodds.com gives you all sports and covers them well.Gives all the bookies and highlights the best odds.