DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I may be a little off as it's been years since finding out... but it was something to do with their track record in movies. None of them hit big at the box office and with problems they had finding a distributor they didn't expect much from this film. But when the box office sees money, it wants more money and thus a trilogy was born.May not be exact, but thats the story I remember. Saying that, the story is on the DVD so I should really just put it in and check it ;)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been watching friday 13th 1-10 inclusive, i never ever tire of watching them, despite the obvious plot holes and dodgy acting, give me this over overly polished stereotypical hollwood crap any day of the week

Edited by libertine

Mummy 3 - Meh, was alright,decent enough story, however the woman playing Evee was shockingly bad, terrible terrible acting on her part which I think brought Brendans and everyone elses performance down aswell. Yeti's were, well, weird and there seemed to be no story from the golden Tower back to the desert which also didnt't help explain Jonathans reappearance with two planes (I missed what was said on the radio though).CGI was crap also.

In regards to all the BTTF debate 2 and 3 were filmed back-to back, long before the Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean thought it was cool, And yes i prefer 2 as well.... dunno why just summat about it.. that makes it better than 1 and 3 Though 3 could be a stand alone film in its own right

Agreed with that. My ex had that movie and I had to force myself to sit through it. It rally put me off seeing Devils Rejects or anything Rob Zombie was affiliated with :(I just watched the first two Back to the Future films. I think I'm in the minority that like the third better. I hate westerns, but it seems a lot more fun than the others, though the detail in the 2015 Hill Valley set was nicely done. A lot better than alternate 1985.I may need to buy more DVD's if I'm going to continue working at home :(

I love the BTTF movies. All 3 are just equally great in my eyes.I can't help but think we would have seen a fourth if it wasn't for the unfortunate situation of Michael J. Fox. I would love to see it done, possibly without Marty as Doc Brown would be a classic to see again.

• Paid Members

I really liked Hellboy 2 for the most part but the ending is bloody lazy.

• Paid Members

Harvey, the 1950 version starring James Stewart. Utterly adorable in all the right ways. Some hammy acting here and there from the supporting cast but Stewart provides a performance of subtlety and grace that carries the picture with ease. The world would be a better place if more people had Harvey for a friend.

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."

Hellboy 2 and Wanted. Both really good films in their own way.

Wanted, hmmmmm. Did you not think it was a bit silly that a dog truck was able to keep up with a top bollocks sports car Jolie was driving? Or the Ford Anglia type car driving faster than a train? Or the completely stupid woman who decides to run into the middle of a shoot out in the aisle of a train?Those 3 scenes made me hate this film.

Wanted, hmmmmm. Did you not think it was a bit silly that a dog truck was able to keep up with a top bollocks sports car Jolie was driving? Or the Ford Anglia type car driving faster than a train? Or the completely stupid woman who decides to run into the middle of a shoot out in the aisle of a train?Those 3 scenes made me hate this film.
Or the car swirling into James McAvoy placing hims fimrly on the passenger seat instead of snapping his legs. That bugged me. Amonth other things, some of which are listed above. A lot of silliness in the films action that takes it a bit too over the top.

Or the car swirling into James McAvoy placing hims fimrly on the passenger seat instead of snapping his legs. That bugged me. Amonth other things, some of which are listed above. A lot of silliness in the films action that takes it a bit too over the top.
Now that didn't bother me too much. Although silly, it blendid in with the style of the film, it was meant to be a "cool" moment.