DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever see the series Brimstone?

Monster

Click to Show/Hide

Click to Show/Hide</u></div><div class="spoilermain" id="72d999b835128aad0bd4ed03f4ec4bdc" style="display:none"><!--SPOILER END-->The final murder is honestly one of the most disturbing that I've seen in a movie.
Which one was that?
EDIT : Messed up a spoiler.
Edited by Haraga_Version_One

Shaolin Soccer

The story is, an old football player (now coach) brings together a team of shaolin kung fu "brothers" to form a football team, and win the cup. There's also a love story in there aswell.

I really enjoyed this film. Alot weirder than i thought it was gonnna be. And it was a bit ridiculous in places, but even at its most ridiculous i still loved it.

The only thing annoying was the sub-title's, which at times barely made sense.

Good Will Hunting

Again, another film i really liked. I thought Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Minnie Driver (i think) were all great in there roles. And the ending was perfect.

Just got my official copy of see no evil from the states. I saw a crappy pirate copy and though it was ok but after seeing the official dvd I love this movie. Kane is a very good actor and I could almost see him being the new Jason or Michael Myers of horror movies if done rightA copy of quick questions why do the states always get better dvds then we do? On the trailers on see no evil they show a 2 disc saw 2 which has some really nice stuff on it. I don t normally buy 2 disc sets but I would buy a saw movie with 2 discsAlso in the coming soon bit it shows a trailer for a movie called Bug it looked pretty good has anyone seen this movie

Feed

Released last year, Feed asks the question 'at what point should the state step in?'. In Ohio, a man is feeding women to huge proportions, eventually killing them. They are only too happy to be fed, and to have their experience broadcast live on the internet, however Aussie Detective Michael Carter is not too sure everything is what it seems. With suspicions of links to literal gambling with life and mysterious disapperings of these women he investigates.

The film is shot in an errie orange light and is geninunely chilling through graphic depiction of the 'feeding' and of considerable gore. It's well shot and the actor's hold their end of the film up, especially with the some times basic dialogue.

The idea of morals and relationship is scratched upon the service, a dual screen of the feeder with his woman and Carter having raw sex with his on/ off girlfriend serves the point of who decides what is acceptable. However, it is not developed enough to be considered anything more than a horror / chiller flick with a gory grusome climax which relies (sadly) too much on a twist at the end of the film, rather than an intelligent ending.

Still it is thought provoking and miles above your average underground gross-out horror flick. Certainly one not to watch whilst eating.

Duel

This is an early Spielberg flick about a guy being chased across rural midwest America by a guy in an oil tanker. Basic concept, but with enough Spielberg to make it work?

Not quite. At first, it's really good and interesting but the action is monotonous and repetitive, although the image of the tanker is geniunely creepy throughout.

Having said that, Spielberg's direction is spot on throughout. Interesting camera work and beautiful angles scatter the film and the photography of the landscape lends to the gripping finale.

Think of the slowest slow burning film you've ever seen and imagine it in slow motion - that is what Duel is like.

I would not really recomend this to any but the Spielberg enthuasists. Its a shame really as I was really looking forward to watching this.

• Paid Members

Good Will HuntingAgain, another film i really liked. I thought Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Minnie Driver (i think) were all great in there roles. And the ending was perfect.

That' one of only 2 films I can remember hating so much I turned it off after half an hour. It's so fucking boring! (The other was the one where Zeta-Jones and Clooney are irritating lawyers).I watched The Pacifier earlier. First time I've ever seen Vin Diesel. He's weird looking. I thought it was pretty good. He's a decent actor, the story (Navy seal turns babysitter) worked much better than Mr Nanny and it was quite funny, with good action and a bit of sappiness. Good family action film.

• Paid Members

FeedReleased last year, Feed asks the question 'at what point should the state step in?'. In Ohio, a man is feeding women to huge proportions, eventually killing them. They are only too happy to be fed, and to have their experience broadcast live on the internet, however Aussie Detective Michael Carter is not too sure everything is what it seems. With suspicions of links to literal gambling with life and mysterious disapperings of these women he investigates.The film is shot in an errie orange light and is geninunely chilling through graphic depiction of the 'feeding' and of considerable gore. It's well shot and the actor's hold their end of the film up, especially with the some times basic dialogue.The idea of morals and relationship is scratched upon the service, a dual screen of the feeder with his woman and Carter having raw sex with his on/ off girlfriend serves the point of who decides what is acceptable. However, it is not developed enough to be considered anything more than a horror / chiller flick with a gory grusome climax which relies (sadly) too much on a twist at the end of the film, rather than an intelligent ending.Still it is thought provoking and miles above your average underground gross-out horror flick. Certainly one not to watch whilst eating.DuelThis is an early Spielberg flick about a guy being chased across rural midwest America by a guy in an oil tanker. Basic concept, but with enough Spielberg to make it work?Not quite. At first, it's really good and interesting but the action is monotonous and repetitive, although the image of the tanker is geniunely creepy throughout.Having said that, Spielberg's direction is spot on throughout. Interesting camera work and beautiful angles scatter the film and the photography of the landscape lends to the gripping finale.Think of the slowest slow burning film you've ever seen and imagine it in slow motion - that is what Duel is like.I would not really recomend this to any but the Spielberg enthuasists. Its a shame really as I was really looking forward to watching this.

Feed is completely fucked up, i watched it about 6 months ago. If there's people that really do that kinda thing, its even more fucked up.Duel is superb, one of the best road films ever...road films are great, when it comes to tension it just seems to work better in a car being pursued. (also recommend The Hitcher, Roadkill, Breakdown).

Good Will HuntingAgain, another film i really liked. I thought Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Minnie Driver (i think) were all great in there roles. And the ending was perfect.

That' one of only 2 films I can remember hating so much I turned it off after half an hour. It's so fucking boring! (The other was the one where Zeta-Jones and Clooney are irritating lawyers).
i think your the first person ive ever known to dislike Good Will Hunting.and as for the Clooney movie, i take your referring too Intolerable Cruelty?? that's a fucking quality film, Clooney is great in it, that along with the Ladykillers are two underrated Coen's Brothers movies, i loved em both.

Just got my official copy of see no evil from the states. I saw a crappy pirate copy and though it was ok but after seeing the official dvd I love this movie. Kane is a very good actor and I could almost see him being the new Jason or Michael Myers of horror movies if done rightA copy of quick questions why do the states always get better dvds then we do? On the trailers on see no evil they show a 2 disc saw 2 which has some really nice stuff on it. I don t normally buy 2 disc sets but I would buy a saw movie with 2 discsAlso in the coming soon bit it shows a trailer for a movie called Bug it looked pretty good has anyone seen this movie

expect a 2-disk Saw 2 over here when Saw 3 comes out on dvd...they did the same with the origional Saw. The Saw 2 dvd that's over here at the moment is pretty good though.

Not really worth starting a thread over, just a heads up to let you all know that probably the only decent Irish film ever made, Intermission, is on BBC2 tonight at 22:50. If you're doing nothing else, I'd reccommend it. Colin Farrell is in it, but don't let that put you off.

Just got back from seeing the Tenacious D movie.It's absolutely hilarious, Jack Black deserves the Best Actor oscar and Dave Grohl damn sure deserves best supporting actor.The rock-off scene at the end overtook the nude-fighting scene in Borat as the funniest scene I've seen in a film this year. Too many awesome lyrics to remember so the soundtrack is a must-buy.I just kept thinking how knackered Jack Black must be after each take, because the shear effort and passion put in to his expressions and yelling and running about is great.I know a lot of people think he over-acts and isn't all that funny but it definitely works for me.If you like their music, you WILL love their film.

Good Will HuntingWatched this again over the weekend and the script and acting is just superb. I think in the grand scheme of things it's underrated (ie not being in IMDB's top 250) and it had real, well developed characters and made the implausible-ness of the story seem very likely and possible and real. It's probably a bit too talky and script based but it's all worth it.