DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Monster Man - completetly ridiculous movie, kinda like a cross between Duel and Wrong Turn, i didnt really know what to expect, but if you go into this prepared for a laugh you'll enjoy this, the two main characters are irritating to start with but they grow on you. The ending of this film is brilliaint...comedy/horror, if you look stupid movies check this!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annie Hall

My first experience of a Woody Allen movie (Antz doesn't really count) and I was blown away, probably the funniest film I've ever seen. I'm desperate now to see every Woody Allen film because I was so fond of this film. Diane Keaton is perfect in her role and so is Woody, he plays the nervous neurotic Jew like he is one. Really clever too and fits in with New York chic/cool probably before it existed. Loved it.

9/10

The Producers (original 1968 film)Really enjoyed this, Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder were born to play Biyalistock and Bloom. i really hoped they would get away with it and in the end i was happy despite them going to jail.9/10

Watched two movies last night.Saw IIBetter than the first one I thought, and for horror movies these days, that takes a bit of doing. Excellent story all of the way through, and the links to the first movie were pretty good too. They played every game of suspense they could in this one, whereas they almost stuck to the one in the first one.The Skeleton KeyThe less said, the better. Personally, I thought this was a load of shit.

• Paid Members

Red Eye - being a Wes Craven fan ive been abit slow in checking this out, but i just did and it was pretty fucking good, a change in direction for Craven which is probably a good idea after the travesty that was Cursed. Cillian Murphy is a bad ass in this movie, i always like his movie roles and this was no exception. First 45mins on the plane were excellent and intense (kinda in the veign of Phone Booth the way it seems like suck a simple thing to get out of but the bad dude has every angle covered). The last 15mins or so in the house is Craven going back to the Scream formula and its fucking wicked. Great little movie, check it.

• Paid Members

I watched The In-Laws. It's an Action/Comedy with Michael Douglas as the Father of the groom and also a CIA agent. He becomes the tormenter of the Father of the bride as he drags him into his 'scene'. It's quite funny, easy to watch and good fun. nothing to be taken seriously but a good 90 mins entertainment.

Please don't hurt me for not watching this sooner, but City Of God.This film is absolutely brilliant. A mate bought me the City Of Men series (Is it any good?) but I wanted to wait to see the film first. Awesome stuff. If you havent seen it, sort it out, like I did.

City Of God is indeed awesome. I've been tempted to buy City Of Men on a few occasions but haven't got round to it yet. To anyone that has seen it: is it worth getting?Last night I embarked on a mini horror movie fest with some friends:The Devils Rejects - good, but not as horrifying as it had been made out to beThe Amityville Horror (remake) - decent, haven't seen the original so can't compare itThe House By The Cemetary - early 80's Lucio Fulci horror. Much unintentional hilarity from the fact that the voice over of 6 year old child of questionable gender Bob was done by a middle aged woman.

House Of 1,000 Corpses...what a load of fucking shite. Poorly acted, scripted, directed...poorly everything. This film is like a low-budget TV movie gone horribly wrong.

This man speaks the truth.Training DayWow. Just ... wow. I seen Seven calling Man on Fire Denzel Washington's best. I disagree. Just a sensation performance. I thought Ethan Hawke was a miscast member, but hey, you can't have it all. My first rating goes to this one.****1/2

I watched the wonderfully over the top Con Air (not for the first time of course) last night. It's just a fun movie with great characters, silly action and it's extremely quotable too. Plus, you have John Malkovich hamming it up looking like a skinny Steve Austin, Colm Meany chewing the scenery and Nic Cage in a mullet sporting a dodgy southern accent and no-selling bullet wounds. What's not to love?