The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What does kayfabe mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe_(prof...onal_wrestling)

In professional wrestling, Kayfabe (pronounced kuh-fay-bee) refers to the portrayal that events within the industry are real, that is, that professional wrestling is not staged.

I don't particularly like that definition, but it makes it clear. Kayfabe is basically the act of protecting the business. For example, when Matt Hardy announced that Lita/Kane were only married 'on TV', he severely broke kayfabe. Edited by Van_Dammer

No, this is a different one- probably composed by WWE

Did you watch the 2001 Rumble on official release DVD or Video? If so that is why you would hear an awful in house production theme, dubed over Rollin' which Undertaker used.

While I'm here, the music played during the "ECW remembers" segment at One Night Stand. Is it an actual song or just a WWE produced piece?

I think this is actually an old piece of ECW music. Its used in various old ECW music packages. I think its used on the Living Dangerously 99 DVD to hype the Impact Players vs Dreamer and someone (Could be Sandman).
No, that one used at Living Dangerously 99 was "River Of Deceit" by Mad Season.I know that wasn't used at One Night Stand, but don't know the song that was because I'm waiting for the R2 dvd before I watch it again.

• Paid Members

cage matches could also be won by pinfall or submission?

I know for sure that the Austin - Vince cage match that took place in Feburary 99 was an escape only cage match and by the time Rikishi took on Val Venis in July of 2000 you could pin the guys inside the cage so some time between then.

• Awards Moderator

How long did the undertaker have the theme he used for the 2001 rumble?

Do you mean Rumble '02? Because that was the debut of the instrumental version of "you done it now, you gone and made a big mistake... you're gonna pay" which magically grew words three months later?That was a Jim J number. It's on WWE Anthology (which I won on this very forum :thumbsup:).

What was the sandman's finisher?

He used a DDT when I first became aware of him. During his WCW run and ever since he has used a Singapore Cane assisted Side Russian Legsweep, which he calls the White Russian Legsweep.
Not forgetting the Heinekenrana. :D

Who made the WWE/F Hardcore title?

If your questin is in relation to its origin, I think Vince McMahon just gave it Mick Foley. As everyone knows, the Hardcore title is just the old WWF belt with a load of shit plastered over it.
Everyone but me. :( Thanks for the info - I didn't even watch WWE/F then so I didn't know about it being the old WWF title. I only know Foley was the first champ because of his book. Edited by Josh D

Oh, since you're a new fan, this is the Hardcore title:

wwfhard2.jpg

...and it was made from this WWF title:

Bret_Hart_-_Bret_Hart_14.jpg

Anyway, on August 26, 2002 RVD defeated Tommy Dreamer to unify the IC and Hardcore titles. A few months later (IIRC), the hardcore wrestlers presented it to Mick Foley, fittingly, as a tribute to the man's contributions to the wrestling business and hardcore style in particular.

Edited by Van_Dammer

Mr Perfect fueded with Hogan during 1990 - on an episode of SNME he managed to get his paws on Hogan's belt and then 'destroyed' it with a hammer. The belt then looked fucked up. This fucked up belt is said to tbe the same one(or at least same 'design') as the hardcore title. Although I've not seen the angle myself. So that's why it looks a messed up version of the old WWF Winged-Eagle Belt.