The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Who were all the members of Cornettes stable in the WWF in late 95/96.It was called Camp Cornette right??? and i remember at some point Vader, Bulldog, Owen being in there but who else was there???

Those three and Yokozuna.
You can add Mantaur to that as well I figure, and perhaps The Heavenly Bodies...
You sure? Mantaur was only in WWE until early '95 wasn't he? That was before Camp Cornette came about. Heavenly Bodies were managed by Cornette before that I thought - 93?
You are right, The Heavenly Bodies and Mantaur were around before Cmap Cornette was a proper stable. Clarence Mason however was in Camp Cornette, Cornettes legal backup :)

Is there a reason why Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair didn't make any sort of appearance at Fall Brawl '94? I know they were saving the rematch for a "special occasion" but as the promotion was structured around them two at that point, the fact that they didn't appear seemed strange.

Then again, it's such decisions that led WCW to their current home - part of the WWE video library.

Is there a reason why Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair didn't make any sort of appearance at Fall Brawl '94? I know they were saving the rematch for a "special occasion" but as the promotion was structured around them two at that point, the fact that they didn't appear seemed strange.Then again, it's such decisions that led WCW to their current home - part of the WWE video library.

I believe that Hogan's WCW contract entitled him to a %cut of any PPV he appeared on. As Fall Brawl was already quite loaded (Vader/Sting/Bubba in a 'triangle' match and a War Games match) and they were building big to the Hogan-Flair re-match at Havoc the following month, a Hogan appearence would have cost WCW much more than the extra it would have made. I have no idea why Flair did not make an appearence other than what really could he have done. Edited by old blue eyes

I knew Hogan got a cut from the PPV's he appeared on, but I thought that maybe that only related to WRESTLING appearances. What about if he just appeared and cut a promo?By the way, I'm surprised when people rip on Hogan about his favourable WCW contract. It's not his fault, anyone would have accepted it. It's WCW's fault for giving him carte blanche. In fact, WCW gave the words "carte blanche" a whole new meaning.My dream job would be one of those WCW wrestlers who sat at home getting paid to do nothing. What a job, eh?

• Paid Members

What year did Big Bubba Rogers/Big Boss Man make his debut? I'm guessing 1985 or '86. Am I right or was it later than that?

He made his WWF debut in early 1988, but he'd been around in the NWA, and I think, Georgia, for 2-3 years before that.

• Paid Members

Thank you. I seem to remember him at an 80s event, either NWA or UWF but it's so hard to remember certain things when you've watched wrestling for a long time.

He worked as Big Bubba as Cornette's bodyguard. Someone with a better memory then me will add to this, but I'm sure he was part of one of the big scaffold events, maybe even taking a bump.

Before Wrestling# Ray Traylor REALLY WAS a prison guard in Marietta, Georgia and gave that up to pursue a career in wrestling..In the Beginning# Ray Traylor got his start as "Big Bubba Rogers", the bodyguard of Jim Cornette in the National Wrestling Alliance..# Ray Traylor competed as "The War Machine" at the second War Games Event on the team of the Four Horsemen..# Ray Traylor left the NWA after a dispute over his pay and headed for the World Wrestling Federation..

Edited by tiger_rick

Thank you. I seem to remember him at an 80s event, either NWA or UWF but it's so hard to remember certain things when you've watched wrestling for a long time.

He worked as Big Bubba as Cornette's bodyguard. Someone with a better memory then me will add to this, but I'm sure he was part of one of the big scaffold events, maybe even taking a bump.
It was Bubba who was meant to catch Cornette when he fell from the scaffolding, only he totally missed and Cornette blew both his knees out.

Interestingly enough, Power Slam once reported (in Issue 3) that Paul Bearer ACTUALLY WAS a mortician years ago. Interesting, eh?

During the early Kane years (around 1997/1998) there were some photos of an obviously much younger Paul Bearer in WWF Magazine from when he was a mortician.I think it was probably around the time they did the angle on RAW where he was going to embalm Austin or Undertaker - can't remember which - in mid-1998.