The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

no your right, lawler (storyline) managed to get rvd to come to wwe (as rvd had turned heel in ecw) in a fued with ecw to promote ppv (like dude said above) and he changed his name from mr ppv to mr monday night

I'm 99.99999999999% sure he was Mr. Monday Night before he was Mr. PPV.

• Paid Members

Off the top of my head, he took the name Mr Monday Night during the summer of 97. As there had only been one ECW PPV at that point (and he wasn't originally scheduled to be on that), I'm pretty sure he didn't pick up 'Mr PPV' until much later.

• Paid Members

The "Mr Monday Night" came about when RVD was doing the whole "I'm too good to be in ECW" heel persona - the idea being that he was desperate to leave to join WWF or WCW, both of whom had major Monday night TV shows at the time."My man Fonzie has my schedule, and I love to work Mondays".

On recent editions of Heat when Cryme Tyme have appeared, Todd Grisham and Mark Lloyd have 'given' Shad a last name. I can't for the life of me make it out and it isn't mentioned on his wwe.com profile. Anyone else heard this?

• Paid Members

On recent editions of Heat when Cryme Tyme have appeared, Todd Grisham and Mark Lloyd have 'given' Shad a last name. I can't for the life of me make it out and it isn't mentioned on his wwe.com profile. Anyone else heard this?

I haven't watched Heat in years but I assume it's Shad Gaspard, which he's been referred to as off and on since arriving. I'm fairly sure it says "Shad Gaspard and JTG, it's Cryme Tyme" at the start of their music.

Guest Josh Jenkins

Todd Grisham and Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd is still with WWE??? Random little fact, his middle name is Elephant :laugh: Question: If I were to order tickets from ROHWrestling.com, how much would I be looking to pay for postage?

Gaspard!! That's it. Cheers mate. I think it's Mark Lloyd although I may be wrong. As for ROH tickets they are remarkably cheap. I have just received a front row ticket for the Hartford show (24/08/07) and a fourth row ticket for the NY show (25/08/07) through the post. The Hartford ticket cost me

Okay this question concerns the Southern Tag Team Titles which are 'used' in Memphis wrestling. I have searched the 'net on this one and received no joy at all. Does a title history exist for these titles? The reason I ask is because I'd like to know how many of the title changes are actually genuine. I was unaware that phantom title changes still existed (possibly due to the internet community knowing almost everything in terms of live events) in this day and age. However after attending the Hogan show in Memphis it was obvious the titles were 'given' to Too Cool 2 (from the Moondogs) so they could defend them and lose them to Kid Kash/Ricky Morton in a match later that night. I now learn, less than a month after this real title change, that Too Cool 2 are the Southern Tag Team champions following another phantom change. It really demeans the titles and the wrestlers going for them. How can you care about a Title or a chase for the title when the chances are Maclin/Lawler will just take it from them at some point. Anyway...I'm wittering on here. If anyone knows of a Title history for these titles or even can shed some light on phantom title changes in Mephis (or other promotions) in recent times I'd be obliged.Finlay

Okay this question concerns the Southern Tag Team Titles which are 'used' in Memphis wrestling. I have searched the 'net on this one and received no joy at all. Does a title history exist for these titles? The reason I ask is because I'd like to know how many of the title changes are actually genuine. I was unaware that phantom title changes still existed (possibly due to the internet community knowing almost everything in terms of live events) in this day and age. However after attending the Hogan show in Memphis it was obvious the titles were 'given' to Too Cool 2 (from the Moondogs) so they could defend them and lose them to Kid Kash/Ricky Morton in a match later that night. I now learn, less than a month after this real title change, that Too Cool 2 are the Southern Tag Team champions following another phantom change. It really demeans the titles and the wrestlers going for them. How can you care about a Title or a chase for the title when the chances are Maclin/Lawler will just take it from them at some point. Anyway...I'm wittering on here. If anyone knows of a Title history for these titles or even can shed some light on phantom title changes in Mephis (or other promotions) in recent times I'd be obliged.Finlay

There is a decent attempt at a title history in the Royal/Duncan book, but it's almost certainly incomplete and doesn't factor in things like doing the same title change in every city round the loop. As for "demeaning the titles and the wrestlers going for them," get over it. It's wrestling for fuck's sake. It's run exclusively and entirely by nasty piece-of-shit con-men. It's not real. If sleazy bullshit bothers you, it's time to stop watching wrestling altogether.

There is a decent attempt at a title history in the Royal/Duncan book, but it's almost certainly incomplete and doesn't factor in things like doing the same title change in every city round the loop. As for "demeaning the titles and the wrestlers going for them," get over it. It's wrestling for fuck's sake. It's run exclusively and entirely by nasty piece-of-shit con-men. It's not real. If sleazy bullshit bothers you, it's time to stop watching wrestling altogether.
Well thanks for the tip about the book....and the idea that I maybe should stop watching wrestling as there are one or two small things I don't agree with :D

• Paid Members

Mark Lloyd is still with WWE??? Random little fact, his middle name is Elephant :laugh: Question: If I were to order tickets from ROHWrestling.com, how much would I be looking to pay for postage?
If you pay for tickets by credit card as opposed to paypal, they don't charge anything at all for postage. You can do the same with paypal payments by sending a manual payment for the amount instead of following the link generated by the ROH site.

Guest Josh Jenkins

If you pay for tickets by credit card as opposed to paypal, they don't charge anything at all for postage. You can do the same with paypal payments by sending a manual payment for the amount instead of following the link generated by the ROH site.
I'm a bit of a mong when it comes to money and credit cards. How exactly would I do this?