The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just a quickie.How long has Hulk Hogan played the political game? I've obviously heard all about his WCW antics, and his refusal to do jobs since his 2002 comeback, but does anyone know of any politicking in his original WWF run? Was he worse during this time? Or did he play by the book? Anybody heard any stories?

Difference is when your making money, no-one really cares. Jake has a story that he was fueding with Hogan on house-shows, but ended up getting bigger pops than Hogan so they had to forget it. A similar story featuring Bam Bam leaving WWF because Hogan thought he was getting too popular. The majority of guys in his run up to '92 don't slag off or complain about Hogan too much, he was a licence to print money and back in those days you can only really have one major face - also the house show money would eventually filter down to them.It's a struggle to think of any genuine main-eventers who don't involve themselves in politics to some degree.
The Jake thing was more about not fucking with the undisputed top guy's face dynamic than anything.But Hogan politicking in the 80's? The time Jesse Ventura tried to start a union and Hogan got wind of things and went right to Vince and got the whole deal canned because he didn't want to jeopordise the fact he was making a ton of money (mostly) by himself.

February 2005: Adam Windsor parts ways with the Dory Funk Dojo after five-and-a-half years of being a part of the organization.. ~~~Windsor was head coach for the past 3 years, helped produce the TV show, and also helped Funk with booking the shows.. That's the last thing Obsessedwithwrestling has about him. It seems he may just have left the business.

Can anyone enlighten me on the circumstances surrounding the departure of 911 from ECW in early 1996?

He got choked out by Taz as one of the first "big" victims of the Path of Rage. Unfortunately, 911 didn't quite understand the rules of the game, and popped right back up. Heyman was FURIOUS and fired him on the spot.I know he came back briefly (to get properly choked out) and was briefly in WCW as well, but I have no idea where he is now. More than likely he's running or bouncing at a bar somewhere in Jersey.

Can anyone enlighten me on the circumstances surrounding the departure of 911 from ECW in early 1996?

He got choked out by Taz as one of the first "big" victims of the Path of Rage. Unfortunately, 911 didn't quite understand the rules of the game, and popped right back up. Heyman was FURIOUS and fired him on the spot.I know he came back briefly (to get properly choked out) and was briefly in WCW as well, but I have no idea where he is now. More than likely he's running or bouncing at a bar somewhere in Jersey.
Wrestling under the name of Tombstone. Think he appeared on a couple of episodes of Saturday Night and that was him done.

Wrestling under the name of Tombstone. Think he appeared on a couple of episodes of Saturday Night and that was him done.
Didn't he also appear on the Philadelphia Nitro the night after ECW Barely Legal?