The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Who was "P.N. News" brahs?Do you think he could legit rap?Thank you.

Paul Neu. He is now based in Germany and wrestles as Cannonball Grizzly. He also competes for All Star semi-regulary sometimes using the name American Avalanche. I don't think rapping was his strongest talent.Wikipedia link -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_NeuAnd a fairly recent pic -aa1be133b511d4a1e04b8b76a445fb51.jpg Edited by Phil Jones

Yeah, he popped in for a cup of coffee between being a Dynamic Dude in WCW, then returning to WCW as Rick Steamboat's partner.

I remember watching that live(or however delayed it was on SKY) , show's how old i am! Anyway was that his only television apperance in that run? I don't remember seeing him again.
IIRC, Douglas was in for something of a big push, with the story going that they were planning on having him as a recording artist, backed up by music videos for MTV. Sounds unlikely, I know. He was around for about 3 months, and did the odd couple of Superstars, Challenge and Prime Time Apperances, and had a few MSG shots. He even teamed with Marty Janetty when Shawn Michaels was out with his knee injury (a point ECW played on when Douglas defending the title against Janetty in 95). He left because his dad got ill, and I can't recall him wrestling anywhere until he went back to WCW in late 92 to team with Rick Steamboat.His first 6 or 7 years had Douglas as your arch-typical pretty-boy wrestler. It was therefore quite a shock when he turned up in ECW as a heel, cutting about the best promos in the industry at the time...

I downloaded a torrent of "WCW Saturday Night" from sometime in June 1991.On it it had the WCW debut of "Stunning" Steve Austin. Instead of Lady Blossom being with him, it was some hot woman called "Vivascious Veronica". Anybody know who this was?Thank you brahs.

Steve Austin was initially managed by an Atlanta area exotic dancer who went under the name of Vivacious Veronica. Veronica was a one night only replacement for Jeannie Clark, who was unable to make it from her Texas area home to the tapings at the Center Stage Theater in Atlanta. When Austin found out that she couldn't appear at the show, he panicked. At the suggestion of Ric Flair, he went down to a local strip club and hired Veronica straight off the stage. He brought her with him to the Center Stage Theater and she accompanied him for his initial matches in the company. Clark was able appear at the next set of television tapings and Vivacious Veronica was never used again(Clark Being Lady Blossom)
I'd always though Veronica was around in other promotions before then. Certainly someone by that name worked in other promotions after WCW, with the USWA and PNW ringing a bell. She was definetly useless in WCW, mind, with England's own Lady Blossom being REALLY good in that role (and, as I didn't really appreciate it as an 11 year old, she was so much hotter than any other woman in the industry)...

I have just signed up for PWTorrents and was just wondering what you have to do to the files or to download to actually play the files? I only have Windows Media Player really to play stuff on so was just curious if anyone can help on how to play the torrents in this?Hope you can help, thanks :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I have just signed up for PWTorrents and was just wondering what you have to do to the files or to download to actually play the files? I only have Windows Media Player really to play stuff on so was just curious if anyone can help on how to play the torrents in this?Hope you can help, thanks :thumbsup:

WMP should work, as long as you have the right codecs. Tryhttp://www.divx.com and download their Codec Pack, install it, and you should be good to go.Some videos can be a little tricky, but im pretty sure theres a universal codec pack somewhere on http://www.download.com. If that fails try finding VLC Media Player, it looks pretty basic, but it plays pretty much anything, even files that are still being downloaded (although I doubt it would work in torrents since they download differently).Hope that helps :thumbsup:

You do realise that the torrent file is just like a link? Needs to be used with a torrent program to download the actual file (which should play quite easily in wmp...

Sorry I don't really have a clue about anything about torrents and didn't know this etc so what torrent program would anyone suggest to download?

I downloaded a torrent of "WCW Saturday Night" from sometime in June 1991.On it it had the WCW debut of "Stunning" Steve Austin. Instead of Lady Blossom being with him, it was some hot woman called "Vivascious Veronica". Anybody know who this was?Thank you brahs.

Steve Austin was initially managed by an Atlanta area exotic dancer who went under the name of Vivacious Veronica. Veronica was a one night only replacement for Jeannie Clark, who was unable to make it from her Texas area home to the tapings at the Center Stage Theater in Atlanta. When Austin found out that she couldn't appear at the show, he panicked. At the suggestion of Ric Flair, he went down to a local strip club and hired Veronica straight off the stage. He brought her with him to the Center Stage Theater and she accompanied him for his initial matches in the company. Clark was able appear at the next set of television tapings and Vivacious Veronica was never used again(Clark Being Lady Blossom)
I'd always though Veronica was around in other promotions before then. Certainly someone by that name worked in other promotions after WCW, with the USWA and PNW ringing a bell. She was definetly useless in WCW, mind, with England's own Lady Blossom being REALLY good in that role (and, as I didn't really appreciate it as an 11 year old, she was so much hotter than any other woman in the industry)...
I always thought she managed Eddie Gilbert at one point, possibly in Joel Goodhart's Tri-State in Philly.

• Paid Members

You do realise that the torrent file is just like a link? Needs to be used with a torrent program to download the actual file (which should play quite easily in wmp...

Sorry I don't really have a clue about anything about torrents and didn't know this etc so what torrent program would anyone suggest to download?
You download a wee file from PWTorrents, or some other Torrent site.Open that file in a Torrent program. I'd suggest UTorrent ( http://www.utorrent.com/ ) . UTorrent is light on the hard drive, and works fine for me.Wait for your file to download.Need any more help then PM me brah.