The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Does anybody know the title and the artist of Aaron The Idol Stevens OVW entrance music? Its quite funky and has the words "Shes a freak" in it at the start?.

I've never heard this tune, but could it be "Superfreak" by Rick James...?
Thanks for that I checked it out but sadly its no the song i was looking for.

How come CMLL is sometimes called EMLL, or vice versa? Which one is correct?

The LuchaWiki explanation is

EMLL stands for Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre. It's the pre 1991 name of the promotion currently known as CMLL. In 1991, EMLL split from the NWA, and changed it's name to express a change from being a Mexican promotion to a World promotion based in Mexico. Functionally, it's the same promotion, running the same buildings, and the names EMLL and CMLL can be used interchangeable.

• Paid Members

As I understood it, EMLL is the real-life name of the company that promotes show while CMLL is the on-screen name of the fictional "governing body".It's similar to how there was a company called Titan Sports that promoted events under the on-screen World Wrestling Federation name.

What is the name of the music Chris Hero uses in Chikara (And elsewhere I presume) at the moment. It's sort of a rock mix of the Superman theme. Is it made for him, or will I be able to find it somewhere?

Do you mean "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down? Or is he using something new?

What is the name of the music Chris Hero uses in Chikara (And elsewhere I presume) at the moment. It's sort of a rock mix of the Superman theme. Is it made for him, or will I be able to find it somewhere?

Nah, it's a new one. It starts off with samples from the old Superman radio show, I think, then it's some metal guita with the old Superman theme in the background. I think it might be something he's had made for himself, but I'd still like to get hold of it.

Nah, it's a new one. It starts off with samples from the old Superman radio show, I think, then it's some metal guita with the old Superman theme in the background. I think it might be something he's had made for himself, but I'd still like to get hold of it.
You could just email him an ask, I've done it for you, I'll let you know answers.

• Paid Members

Following on from the Brian Christopher/Jerry Lawler topic.I remember RAW in 1997 had a "ECW vs USWA" match.I've got this feeling Christopher was representing the USWA, who was representing ECW?Thank you.

• Paid Members

FWIW, his website lists his Chikara entrance theme as "It's a Bird, It's a Plane" by Ralph Cardall - aka Rusty, the former FWA music guy. I don't actually remember the theme Hero used in FWA, nor have I heard the one you're asking about as far as I'm aware, but your description of it sounds like the sort of stuff Ralph used to do for FWA.

Why did Cena start using a seated FU, only to stop 2 weeks laterI believe he used it first when he beat JBL for the title

Knowing Cena, he probably just landed awkwardly a few times :)I've seen him use the seated version on RAW against Tomko in their singles match in September I believe... maybe he just uses it sometimes to spice up his moveset?