The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

You could also say Flair and Savage didn't have "stock" music...

But Flair didn't use the 2001 Theme in WWF until his return, his music sounded similar but it wasn't the 2001 theme...although I'm not sure if it was a WWF-composed theme or another orchestral tune they've 'used'.

This isnt really the right sort of question for this thread, but it certainly doesnt warrant its own thread so I'll put it here. I kept reading a while back that because the clocks were put forward in america a week later that wrestlemania would be on at 2 am, but I just checked the sky guide and it lists it as being on at 12am til 4am. Is the sky guide wrong or were the trustworthy folk of this forum wrong, or did I just misread what people were saying (lol)?

His WWF music in 1992/93 *was* the 2001 tune but missing some notes, and played a little slower.

im not sure if that quite right.Flair WWF 91 - 93 theme was used in WWf also for Buddy Landell for a short time and ISNT a WWF composition. It appears on alot of NWA shows from the early 80's too.Flairs current theme and also old NWA theme is spach zarathrusta and is used in the film "2001 space oddysey" and was also used on stage for Elvis Concerts.

Recently picked up a copy of the latest edition of Powerslam and inside theres abit about the ROH third Anniversary..Anyway my q is whats the deal with Mick Foley and Samao Joe, who is supposed to be the heel in this angle? I mean it says Foley had Joe face 2 guys which makes him sound heelish but then it says Austin Aries comes in and hits Joe with a chair which is something a babyface would do to a heel

Edited by GPW Kristian Zane

• Paid Members

Probably won't get this one but what where Smash (Barry Darsow) and Ax (Bill Eadie) doing in other feds in the run-up to when they joined the WWF?e.g. What feds did they wrestle before they arrived in 1987.

This isnt really the right sort of question for this thread, but it certainly doesnt warrant its own thread so I'll put it here. I kept reading a while back that because the clocks were put forward in america a week later that wrestlemania would be on at 2 am, but I just checked the sky guide and it lists it as being on at 12am til 4am. Is the sky guide wrong or were the trustworthy folk of this forum wrong, or did I just misread what people were saying (lol)?

Half and half.The show was never going to be at 2am because the clocks change on a Saturday, where Mania is on a Sunday. The clocks in the US change the night before Mania (tonight) so we're back in sync with the US again before the PPV starts, hence it doesn't affect the start time at all.The reason it's starting at midnight is simply because it's starting an hour earlier in the US, probably because the show runs for 4 hours instead of 3.

• Paid Members

Probably won't get this one but what where Smash (Barry Darsow) and Ax (Bill Eadie) doing in other feds in the run-up to when they joined the WWF?e.g. What feds did they wrestle before they arrived in 1987.

Smash had been Krusher Kruschev, working in Mid-Atlantic and then Mid-South, from where he was poached.Ax was Masked Superstar, who'd previously been in the WWWF in the early 80s. Last I can think of seeing him was Georgia in 83/84ish, but I don't know where he was immediately before joining Demolition.

Smash had been Krusher Kruschev, working in Mid-Atlantic and then Mid-South, from where he was poached.Ax was Masked Superstar, who'd previously been in the WWWF in the early 80s. Last I can think of seeing him was Georgia in 83/84ish, but I don't know where he was immediately before joining Demolition.
Masked Superstar was also Super Machine in 1985 when they did all those masked Strong Machine gimmicks of the stars. I'm not sure if Super Machine was in WWF at the time when they did them, but he used it in NJPW tagging with Giant Machine (Andre the Giant). Apart from that short period Eadie wrestled a lot for NJPW under his Masked Superstar gimmick during the 80's. He was one of their regular foreigners and often faced Antonio Inoki n the main events.--PUNQ--

just to go back to something asked on the previous page... perhaps you could say that one of the first ppv's to ahve its own themes would ahve been wrestlemania.i say this because of that cheesy "oooooh ooooooh its wrestlemania time to survive pump it up pump it up etc etc" song that linda mcmahon has used as a theme tune for a while.i cant think of anything before this...

Does anyone know how to get hold of Scott Mailman, who made some very very good comp tapes a few years back?

Well its old, not even sure if it still works, but give mailman4.geo@yahoo.com a try.

just to go back to something asked on the previous page... perhaps you could say that one of the first ppv's to ahve its own themes would ahve been wrestlemania.i say this because of that cheesy "oooooh ooooooh its wrestlemania time to survive pump it up pump it up etc etc" song that linda mcmahon has used as a theme tune for a while.i cant think of anything before this...

Wrestlemania VIII had a guitar tune used only for it(and the promos for it). I've got it on Mp3, no singing or lyrics, but it's the tune they would use for going over the card. I can still hear Vinnie Mac screaming over the top of it "it's a....DUUUUBLE MAIN EVENT!" I'm not sure if this is before or after the Wrestlemania tune you mentioned.