The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

,Mar 11 2005, 15:31] Something that i've wondered for a while is what ring size do they use down in Mexico, it looks bigger than the 20 footer the WWE uses, or is it just me?

Can anyone help me out with this?

• Paid Members

Back on topic. As a matter of personal interest, what wrestlers have had full formal ballet training? I've seen a clip of some American guy and heard about a British guy but can't remember names.

I don't know about formal training, but Riki Starr was supposedly a ballet dancer. He worked in Britain and the US, and is probably the guy you saw on tape.On a somewhat smaller level of fame, there was a ballet dancer on the UK Faking It show who had to bluff at being a wrestler. He did an NWA-UK match as the Highwayman.

• Awards Moderator

Back on topic. As a matter of personal interest, what wrestlers have had full formal ballet training? I've seen a clip of some American guy and heard about a British guy but can't remember names.

I don't know about formal training, but Riki Starr was supposedly a ballet dancer. He worked in Britain and the US, and is probably the guy you saw on tape.On a somewhat smaller level of fame, there was a ballet dancer on the UK Faking It show who had to bluff at being a wrestler. He did an NWA-UK match as the Highwayman.
Anybody see Jackie Pallo on BBC4 last night? In a rerun of That's Life from 1975 he was ballet dancing around a safe trying to crack it with a sledge hammer.

How did the Undertaker first turn face? Also when did Dibiase return to the WWE? All I remember was him returning at the beginning of a PPV, I keep thinking either RR94 or a King Of The Ring.

I think Undertakers turn had something to do with no longer wanting to be Jake Roberts mate which led to them having a match at Wrestlemania 8. Dibiase returned at Rumble 94 i have it on video Edited by GPW Kristian Zane

How did the Undertaker first turn face? Also when did Dibiase return to the WWE? All I remember was him returning at the beginning of a PPV, I keep thinking either RR94 or a King Of The Ring.

My memory is hazy, but I think it came after Taker and Jake Roberts were a team of sorts before 'Mania 8 following a feud with Ultimate Warrior. They booked it that Jake was doing things deemed too evil for even Taker. After Jake lost a match to Savage, he went to hit Elizabeth with a chair, but Taker stopped him.

My memory is hazy, but I think it came after Taker and Jake Roberts were a team of sorts before 'Mania 8 following a feud with Ultimate Warrior. They booked it that Jake was doing things deemed too evil for even Taker. After Jake lost a match to Savage, he went to hit Elizabeth with a chair, but Taker stopped him.
And then Jake beat Taker down with said chair....~

• Paid Members

Wasn't Taker in the Funeral Parlour when Jake Roberts came up from behind, stuffed UT's hand in the coffin and beat him stiff and hard with the trusty chair? Thus signifying Taker's face turn. Its highlighted before the match at WM8 on the video release.

Wasn't Taker in the Funeral Parlour when Jake Roberts came up from behind, stuffed UT's hand in the coffin and beat him stiff and hard with the trusty chair? Thus signifying Taker's face turn. Its highlighted before the match at WM8 on the video release.

Phil Lowe explantion is correct. They then had the funeral parlour confrontation with Jake to sort it out. I remember Jake asking Undertaker "Who's side are you on?" to which he says "Not...Yours!"(Big Pop). Then the crushing of his hand on the coffin happened. I remember this quite clearly, because it was on the first Superstars I watched when I first got Sky in!

Who was the first WWF wrestler to have entrance music that was an actual song by an actual band rather than "stock" music?Also, what was the first PPV to have a real theme song? WM17?

Hulk Hogan used "Eye Of The Tiger" by Survivor before stealing "Real American" from the team of Windham & Rotunda.

Who was the first WWF wrestler to have entrance music that was an actual song by an actual band rather than "stock" music?Also, what was the first PPV to have a real theme song? WM17?

Perhaps the DX music, if that counts? Can't think of anything before that...
Hulk Hogan originally had the Rocky music. I guess he must be one of the first? Or maybe Gorgeous George?