The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Why did WWE.com stop doing Byte This?

Might have some details wrong; but the gist of it (I think) is they invited Ultimate Warrior on to discuss the dvd Ultimate Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. He refused and made some comments along the line of I'm not going on that show with a cripple and a fag (Droz & Josh). So Matt Striker appeared on the show dressed up as Warrior and took the piss, but apparently he went to far so they "rested" the show. Also because the show was live I'm sure people used to phone up about TNA.

• Paid Members

Also whilst im here, does the record for fastest match in the WWE still stand with the Rock pinning the Big Boss Man in 4 seconds at Survivor Series 98??

I dont think there's an "official" record, but i seem to remember Tazz being beaten by someone, possibly Jerry Lawler, in 3 seconds, sometime in 2000.
Bret Hart pinned The Mountie in an announced three seconds at MSG one time.

• Paid Members

Why did WWE.com stop doing Byte This?

Might have some details wrong; but the gist of it (I think) is they invited Ultimate Warrior on to discuss the dvd Ultimate Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. He refused and made some comments along the line of I'm not going on that show with a cripple and a fag (Droz & Josh). So Matt Striker appeared on the show dressed up as Warrior and took the piss, but apparently he went to far so they "rested" the show. Also because the show was live I'm sure people used to phone up about TNA.
I don't think the Warrior was ever invvited to appear on the show, in fact i dont think he has any contact with WWE at all anymore and is very critical of them.Matt Strikers gimick in 3PW was doing impressions of wrestlers (some of which were excellent) When he did the Warrior impression on Byte this he used the word 'Faggot' a LOT which caused a lot of heat , he also made not very subtile references to Warrior being off his tree on steroids. The official reasoning to the show being canned was because it wasn't cost effective to produce, even though it was green screened in a studio they own for the viewing figures they recieved but im sure the above points contributed in a small way

Also whilst im here, does the record for fastest match in the WWE still stand with the Rock pinning the Big Boss Man in 4 seconds at Survivor Series 98??

I dont think there's an "official" record, but i seem to remember Tazz being beaten by someone, possibly Jerry Lawler, in 3 seconds, sometime in 2000.
Duggan also has a three second win over The Mountie. I'm sure, however, there's a quicker match (non WWE) that finished in a submission or a knockout...perhaps one of the wacky Japanese promotions or something...?

No he didn't. I'm sure Bret confirmed in his autobiography that the match actually went closer to 8 or 9 secondsIs the HBK DVD in the shops today?

No he didn't. I'm sure Bret confirmed in his autobiography that the match actually went closer to 8 or 9 seconds
Apparently The Mountie suffered a concussion 2 seconds in, so the awesome Hitman had to completely carry him for the remaining seven seconds!! :p

• Paid Members

Bret Hart pinned The Mountie in an announced three seconds at MSG one time.No he didn't. I'm sure Bret confirmed in his autobiography that the match actually went closer to 8 or 9 secondsApparently The Mountie suffered a concussion 2 seconds in, so the awesome Hitman had to completely carry him for the remaining seven seconds!! :p

Is this match on any of the old WWF tapes, as I'm sure I remember seeing it ?

No he didn't. I'm sure Bret confirmed in his autobiography that the match actually went closer to 8 or 9 seconds
Surely that would be why Lister said it was an announced three seconds.

Dont know if this is already on here but what do I need to do to progress above Backyarder on these forumsplease PM me with response or ill find it on here whatever

Post more... I think its 50 posts to advance to "In Training"

That was definitely the last televised match, but I think I remember reading a house show report from a Miami show in November or December 2004 where he made a surprise appearance and tagged with Rikishi in the main event.Just tried to google it but couldn't find anything. Maybe I imagined it.