The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Ive asked before, with not much luck, but does anyone know of a site (sites) that have complete match listings (not results) for WWE PPVs from 1998-present?

The video listing section of Pro Wrestling History (as opposed to the results section) will do the trick, namely this page here:http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/videos/...ng/wwfhome.html

DiBiase would later turn on Duggan which set up a Best Dressed Man in Mid-South angle between the two. DiBiase, who was carrying a baseball bat to defend himself from Duggan's 2x4, went outside the arena to confront Mid-South television director Joel Watts about the noise meters being used in the contest. He recognized Duggan's car parked nearby and promptly smashed its windshield.

American wrestling was so great when they used to pay attention to detail.

• Paid Members

This is probably a question that only Lister and a few others here have a chance of answering but does anyone remember a WWF game that was relaeased in 1990(?) which seemed more of a strategy game than the usual 'beat-em-up' wrestling games that are out there? I have no idea what format it was released on but I just remember the advert in WWF magazine where you seemed to book the matches and then watch 'play-by-play' commentary and screenshot images of the matches. I was totally fascinated by the whole concept but never got to play, or even see, it.

If anything it sounds like one of those VHS board games that were popular in the early 90's where you had to press play whenever someone landed on a certain square. Never heard of a WWF one but there seemed to be very little they didn't release back then, so it's more than possible.
No, it definitely was a 'computer' game. Like I said I have no idea what format that it was released on (PC? - too early?) but I am certain that it was never available in this country. I just recall the advert in WWF magaizine around the time of WrestleMania VI.
I seem to recall a PC game like this. Or perhaps it was Amstrad. I believe it was something to do with cards?Edit: It may be this bad boy.
I remember the ad in WWF magazine... I'm sure it was a PC game (or maybe it was an Amiga or Atari ST game).
I played this. On the Amiga. You had options either side of a central video screen. The options were various moves. When it was your turn you would select a move. Then the computer would decide whether or not you would gain the advantage in the match. Then a prerecorde bit of grainy video would play. I remember it being a match between Macho and Dibiase. Sound's rubbish and it was. Back then however it was fantastic to see video on the computer.

two questions1st- just been watching the bret hart dvd extras and at in your house 1 when bret faces hakushi as bret comes out there seem to be loads of letters in the enterance way. why where they there i guess they where letters from fansand2nd- do TNA have any rules that make sense. i watched impact the other week and during the main event cage,steiner and tomko vs rhino,joe and angle. the match ends in a dq when abyss comes down and attacks someone (can't remeber) but earlyer on in the match A.J Styles attacked Rhino(with the ref watching) but theres no dq? So one man can intofear but another can't

two questions1st- just been watching the bret hart dvd extras and at in your house 1 when bret faces hakushi as bret comes out there seem to be loads of letters in the enterance way. why where they there i guess they where letters from fans

I can't say for certain but it's probably due to the fact that WWF ran a competition on this ppv that someone (a viewer I believe, though it may have been an audience member) would win a house. I would assume all the letters were from people who entered the competition...

• Paid Members

2nd- do TNA have any rules that make sense. i watched impact the other week and during the main event cage,steiner and tomko vs rhino,joe and angle. the match ends in a dq when abyss comes down and attacks someone (can't remeber) but earlyer on in the match A.J Styles attacked Rhino(with the ref watching) but theres no dq? So one man can intofear but another can't

From what I recall, it was one of those tenous ones where AJ didn't actually hit Rhino. He came in with the intention of doing so, but Rhino beat him to the punch. It's not just TNA that is guilty of these.

just been watching the bret hart dvd extras and at in your house 1 when bret faces hakushi as bret comes out there seem to be loads of letters in the enterance way. why where they there i guess they where letters from fans

To coincide with the first In Your House pay-per-view, the WWF gave away a house that the entrance set was based around. The letters were from the contest entrants. Some kid won and a few years later the family gave up the house because of the higher living costs (I think it might have been in Florida).

do TNA have any rules that make sense. i watched impact the other week and during the main event cage,steiner and tomko vs rhino,joe and angle. the match ends in a dq when abyss comes down and attacks someone (can't remeber) but earlyer on in the match A.J Styles attacked Rhino(with the ref watching) but theres no dq? So one man can intofear but another can't

Don't think about it, you'll do yourself an injury.

February 7, 2000 - RAW: New Age Outlaws b Edge & Christian to retain the Tag Team titles, Kurt Angle b Mark Henry by Disqualification, Hardcore & Crash Holly b The Acolytes in a hardcore match, Intercontinental Champion, Chris Jericho, b Viscera by Disqualification, Women's Champion, Jacquline, b Luna Vachon, The Dudley Boyz b The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Triple H & X-Pac & Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn & Chris Benoit vs Cactus Jack & The Rock & Rikishi & Too Cool ended in a NO CONTEST. Was this is the RAW you were referring to? I seem to remember Foley had no partners but his teammates all voluntarily came out to join him infront of a white hot crowd.

Yep, the partners all came out to help him out one after the other when it was originally Mick v The Radicalz on what was the Radicalz second (or third) Raw appearance since they joined WWE (they turned on Mick the week after their debut, so depending on whether it happened on the same Raw as this depends on which appearance this was)