The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Just watching the hogan anthology, in royal rumble 1991, who were the announcers. one of them sounds an awful lot like tony shivanoe (sp) did he ever work for the WWF and how lon gfor if soplus i remember him doing a little bit in early TNA as a hell what was his gimmick and why was it dropped

I know Tony Schiavone did do play by play for the WWF in the late 80s and very early 90s. He used to do commentary on PPVs with Jesse Ventura, although for the life of me I cannot remember which Royal Rumble he commentated on.
Schiavone definately did commentary on the 1990 Rumble. I don't think he did Rumble 91 though.

Just watching the hogan anthology, in royal rumble 1991, who were the announcers. one of them sounds an awful lot like tony shivanoe (sp) did he ever work for the WWF and how lon gfor if soplus i remember him doing a little bit in early TNA as a hell what was his gimmick and why was it dropped

I know Tony Schiavone did do play by play for the WWF in the late 80s and very early 90s. He used to do commentary on PPVs with Jesse Ventura, although for the life of me I cannot remember which Royal Rumble he commentated on.
Schiavone definately did commentary on the 1990 Rumble. I don't think he did Rumble 91 though.
From Wikipedia -

While affiliated with the Charlotte O's, he began as a wrestling announcer with Crockett's Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (later known as Jim Crockett Promotions, the precursor to World Championship Wrestling or WCW) in the early 1980s. When Jim Crockett Promotions got national television exposure on TBS Superstation in 1985, he was a regular host of the wrestling program. He was signed by Vince McMahon's WWF for a stint in 1989 and early 1990, but soon returned to Jim Crockett Promotions, which had been renamed WCW and was owned by media mogul Ted Turner.

He didn't.The commentators for the 1991 Royal Rumble were Gorilla Monsoon and Roddy Piper.

• Paid Members

apologies i meant 1990 and after looking on wikipedia he did work for the compnay then so i expect i was right, still like to know what tony did in TNA though

He had a VERY short run as a heel member of S.E.X. His "heel" routine basically involved being unshaven, wearing an unbuttoned hawaiian shirt and abusing Mike Tenay because he knew the names of obscure wrestling holds.

Hello... ive been away for too long...Just got a new kick ass phone for xmas and it can play mp3 on itI want to listen to some shoot interviews so could someone tell me where i could download some please as my old place of getting them has diedThanks and Merry Xmas to you layabouts

• Paid Members

Hello... ive been away for too long...Just got a new kick ass phone for xmas and it can play mp3 on itI want to listen to some shoot interviews so could someone tell me where i could download some please as my old place of getting them has diedThanks and Merry Xmas to you layabouts

The G's forum has several dozen on there. Apart from that I either download them straight from pwtorrents, or rip them from the full videos.

Some awesome dude has been putting loads of Cornette ones on PWT. These are essential listening.