The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Yep, I'm pretty sure the SMW one was a round-robin series.The first All-Japan one was a Championship Carnival final in 1997 with Misawa, Kawada and Kobashi having all tied for first place. They did a round-robin series, but it was quite disappointing - Kawada beat Misawa (I think for the first time in singles) but it was only six minutes as Misawa had just done a 30 minute draw with Kobashi.

Have these singles matches (or at least tags with significant exchanges) ever happened:Benoit vs Scott Steiner (Pre-Big Poppa Pump, other than the tag with Liger)Fit Finlay vs Scott Steiner (from any period, this time)Dean Malenko vs Negro Casas (would likely be NJ)

Meant to ask this awhile back but I forgot...At No Mercy last month MVP faced a complete no-name. When was the last time a "jobber" had a match on a PPV?

The first name that springs to mind is Dwayne Gill at Survivor Series' 99 against Mankind, however, I am likely forgetting some people. Didn't the Brooklyn Brawler appear in some sort of hardcore/match?

When DX invaded WCW, did that happen live? The way I remember it, WCW and the WWF were in the same town, running a show at the same time, and DX were off for the entire RAW show trying to invade Nitro. Is that correct? As in the tank going towards the building was shown live as it happened? There were some skits before that were taped, I think, but I'm wondering if the later stuff was live.

• Paid Members

I don't think the DX thing was live brah. I think it was recorded, then shown.Reading an old Powerslam edition and it said Jim Duggan had disrespected the good old U.S of A, and joined Team Canada. How did that clusterfuck come about <question mark button is busted>Thank you brahs.

• Paid Members

Reading an old Powerslam edition and it said Jim Duggan had disrespected the good old U.S of A, and joined Team Canada. How did that clusterfuck come about <question mark button is busted>

It was typical Russo booking. As in, no-one would see it coming. unfortunately, it didn't make sense and it didn't make money, because no-one cared about Jim Duggan.I like that Russo feels the need to be unpredictable, however 9/10 times, it doesn't make sense at all.

Reading an old Powerslam edition and it said Jim Duggan had disrespected the good old U.S of A, and joined Team Canada. How did that clusterfuck come about <question mark button is busted>

WCW in the last days. No explanation was needed, just shock booking.