The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Right..we've went in our wee time-machine back to the year 1996. Things are different...What were some of the major UK promotions around this time?

All Star - still running several regular venues (Bristol, Croydon, Hanley, possibly Liverpool and Norwich too)Midland Promotions - pre-tribute days. Not 100% sure if it was 96, but they used a former Gladiator for a while. They tended to mainly do one off shows around the country, so they were off the radar for many people, but were one of the busiest groups.Hammerlock - the hardcore's favourite at the time.The Wrestling Alliance - south coast.
Yeah, Dixon ran the Corn Exchange at that time. They also ran the Guildhall in Portsmouth too.And you forgot the EWA's one show of 1996, 'Ultra Kaos' (Sabu, Whipwreck), not that the EWA was a major promotion or anything.
Lister was at that one, wasn't he? as part of one of his "Hulk Who?" trips?The mid-90s was a kind-of heyday for Dixon shows at the Colston, the shows were almost once a fortnight at one point. Mainly because of the Power Rangers tributes (yes, there were 2 then), but also a cracking feud with Danny Collins mixing it with both his brother Pete and Marty Jones. Brookside & Dean made regular trips together as well :)One question on a totally different subject: How much was "Beautiful People" used during the "Raw Is War'" revamp of Raw? was it just the first episode?

How did Sid Vicious break his leg against Scott Steiner?Has Dalip Singh/Great Khali ever had a passable match?What is a "Stairway to Hell" match?What move by Mark Henry caused Batista's torn triceps in early January?

How did Sid Vicious break his leg against Scott Steiner?

He jumped off the middle rope, and landed awkwardly, snapping it in half pretty much.

What is a "Stairway to Hell" match?

An ECW invented match, basically it involved Signapore Canes and ladders.

How did Sid Vicious break his leg against Scott Steiner?

He jumped off the top rope with a big boot on Steiner, and the impact on his other leg caused it to snap in two.

Has Dalip Singh/Great Khali ever had a passable match?

No.

It's a ladder match with barbed wire hanging above the ring, with it becoming legal after it's retrieved. The match ends by pinfall.

What move by Mark Henry caused Batista's torn triceps in early January?

I believe Batista did it as the result of a bump.

It's a ladder match with barbed wire hanging above the ring, with it becoming legal after it's retrieved. The match ends by pinfall.
Wasn't it a barbed wire Singapore cane?

I think the first one (between Sabu and Sandman at House Party '98) was just a reel of barb wire, which famously ended up around Sandman's head.Then in the one between Tommy Dreamer and Justin Credible at Heat Wave 2000 had a straightforward singapore cane iirc.Were there any more?

I think the first one (between Sabu and Sandman at House Party '98) was just a reel of barb wire, which famously ended up around Sandman's head.Then in the one between Tommy Dreamer and Justin Credible at Heat Wave 2000 had a straightforward singapore cane iirc.Were there any more?

Just a correction: the one at Heat Wave 2000 was just barbed wire.

Just a correction: the one at Heat Wave 2000 was just barbed wire.
Credible vs Dreamer at Guilty as Charged '99 was a Singapore Cane, and Heatwave 2000 was Barbed wire.Another ECW question, on the Delta release of Hardcore Heaven '97, why has the last 8 minutes and 30 seconds been cut from the Delta music release? This was the brawl between The Duleyz vs New Jack, Terry Funk, Elimanators and the Chair Swinging Freaks? Edited by bwo

• Paid Members

Another ECW question, on the Delta release of Hardcore Heaven '97, why has the last 8 minutes and 30 seconds been cut from the Delta music release? This was the brawl between The Duleyz vs New Jack, Terry Funk, Elimanators and the Chair Swinging Freaks?

Is it that New Jack's music is playing, making it impossible to edit in a generic theme without losing the crowd noise and commentary?

Has Vince McMahon made the majority of his money from wrestling, or does he have other projects?

He's made all of it from wrestling. The majority of his losses have been from outside projects. I don't think he's ever turned a profit on another project (various stunts in the 70s, boxing, WBF, WWF New York). He may eventually turn a profit on WWE Films. I don't know how IcoPro (a supplement he marketed) did, but I'd assume the steroid scandal killed sales.