The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

WCW NitroWCW ThunderWCW Saturday NightWCW WorldwideWCW Main EventWere there anyother WCW tv shows in the history of the company?

WCW Power HourWCW Clash of the ChampionsThere was also the WCW lucha-based show which I can't remember the name of.
What about WCW Pro? Or was that just another name for Main Event?
You're right, there was a WCW Pro too...

WCW NitroWCW ThunderWCW Saturday NightWCW WorldwideWCW Main EventWere there anyother WCW tv shows in the history of the company?

WCW Power HourWCW Clash of the ChampionsThere was also the WCW lucha-based show which I can't remember the name of.
What about WCW Pro? Or was that just another name for Main Event?
You're right, there was a WCW Pro too...
Wasn't WCW Saturday Night renamed Saturday Morning in the dying days of WCW, before it was cancelled?

Has Jim Carrey ever appeared at a WWF/E event? If I'm not mistaken, the supposedly real feud between him and Lawler was established entirely through 'reports' from the set of Man On The Moon. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I didn't have Sky/Cable for that period of time and missed some WWF TV.Anyway, Carrey is apparently a devoted wrestling fan, so, even outside of that movie situation, has he attended any events and been shown on camera as many other celebrities have?

Edited by Van_Dammer

• Paid Members

Right..we've went in our wee time-machine back to the year 1996. Things are different...What were some of the major UK promotions around this time?

All Star - still running several regular venues (Bristol, Croydon, Hanley, possibly Liverpool and Norwich too)Midland Promotions - pre-tribute days. Not 100% sure if it was 96, but they used a former Gladiator for a while. They tended to mainly do one off shows around the country, so they were off the radar for many people, but were one of the busiest groups.Hammerlock - the hardcore's favourite at the time.The Wrestling Alliance - south coast.

Right..we've went in our wee time-machine back to the year 1996. Things are different...What were some of the major UK promotions around this time?

All Star - still running several regular venues (Bristol, Croydon, Hanley, possibly Liverpool and Norwich too)Midland Promotions - pre-tribute days. Not 100% sure if it was 96, but they used a former Gladiator for a while. They tended to mainly do one off shows around the country, so they were off the radar for many people, but were one of the busiest groups.Hammerlock - the hardcore's favourite at the time.The Wrestling Alliance - south coast.
Yeah, Dixon ran the Corn Exchange at that time. They also ran the Guildhall in Portsmouth too.And you forgot the EWA's one show of 1996, 'Ultra Kaos' (Sabu, Whipwreck), not that the EWA was a major promotion or anything.