The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

First of all, where are the Basham brothers? Danny is stilll listed on the Raw superstars page yet I've seen nothing of him for a good year. I remember some brief Velocity appearences from Doug, but they both seem to have disappeared.

They've had a few tag matches in OVW together recently

Bashams are simply being paid not to do anything. The fact that the WWE have had nothing for them for ages made the fact that they actually signed contract extensions a few months back all the more crazy.Its a good thing they are sticking with them, as both (especially Doug) are superb workers.I heard that Doug paid for his own flight so he could appear in OVW, whilst Danny wasnt willing to pay.

The Great Muta - Where did he get the name from? What does it mean? Is it from a legend, myth or something? What's the deal with the mist? And 'Shining Wizard', where does that name come from? Who trained him? How does he feel about Tajiri's gimmick infringment? Why did he never win the WCW belt? Was WWF ever intrested in him?Yeah... Anything you know about Muta, tell me.

Info nabbed from Wiki:

Real name Keiji Mutoh, trained by Hiro Matsuda New Japan Pro Wrestling Academy, first match was against Masahiro Chono in 1984.

Great Muta is a mysterious gimmick where he spits green or red mist and plays mind games to distract his opponents. Muta was originally billed as the son of Japanese wrestler Great Kabuki who used a similar gimmick. The two are not related in real life. Originally he wore face paint, which was later exchanged for a mask after he shaved his head.

Awesome Muta music video here.

And here's a video of 100 of Muta's Shining Wizards (which he invented), muddafucka.

Edited by Adam Gard

Muta would probably have been in the running for a title run, but he quit WCW because he was likely to be turned babyface and someone (Gary Hart, I think) convinced him that the American fans would never accept a Japanese babyface. Clearly, the fact that he was cheered as a main event heel didn't mean anything. :(

• Paid Members

I remember reading that when the original WWE Brand Split took place, the original plans, storyline-wise, were that the split had to happen based on something surrounding Austin and nWo but, never happened due to Ausitn walking the day after Wrestlemania. Only Austin and the nWo ended up with the same brand anyway. So, can anyone tell me, what exactly were those original plans?

I remember reading that when the original WWE Brand Split took place, the original plans, storyline-wise, were that the split had to happen based on something surrounding Austin and nWo but, never happened due to Ausitn walking the day after Wrestlemania. Only Austin and the nWo ended up with the same brand anyway. So, can anyone tell me, what exactly were those original plans?

I seem to remember the idea was Austin’s match at Wrestlemania against Scott Hall was meant to end with Hall winning thanks to distractions/interference caused by Flair and McMahon being unable to co-exist. The WWE board would then decide that Flair and Vince couldn’t co-exist and the brand split would happen to save the company from self destruction.However, Austin was in no mood to lose to Scott Hall and nixed the idea, the match worked out as we all remember and when the split happened it made little sense, why was it so important to keep Vince and Flair apart when there feud wasn’t really impacting on anything at this point?

WCW NitroWCW ThunderWCW Saturday NightWCW WorldwideWCW Main EventWere there anyother WCW tv shows in the history of the company?

WCW Power HourWCW Clash of the ChampionsThere was also the WCW lucha-based show which I can't remember the name of.

• Paid Members

There were also specific WCW New York and WCW Chicago shows in the early 90s. However, these were just the syndicated shows with a different title, but with more localised promos than usual.Also, Saturday Night was previously known as simply World Championship Wrestling, stemming back to it being the promotion's main show.

Edited by JNLister

WCW NitroWCW ThunderWCW Saturday NightWCW WorldwideWCW Main EventWere there anyother WCW tv shows in the history of the company?

WCW Power HourWCW Clash of the ChampionsThere was also the WCW lucha-based show which I can't remember the name of.
What about WCW Pro? Or was that just another name for Main Event?