The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

When were Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn's last WWF/E appearances as wrestlers?

Malenko's last wrestling TV appearance was teaming with Perry Saturn against the Dudleys on the June 7th 2001 SD, they dropped the match with Saturn taking the 3D- Malenko also appeared with Saturn on the June 11th Raw, but didn't wrestle...

Had anybody before Jericho in 2001 won both a light/cruiserweight title and a heavyweight title in their careers?

Tatsumi Fujinami I think held a lightweight and heavyweight title in New Japan.I can't think of any in American wrestling.

Had anybody before Jericho in 2001 won both a light/cruiserweight title and a heavyweight title in their careers?

Tatsumi Fujinami I think held a lightweight and heavyweight title in New Japan.I can't think of any in American wrestling.
Correct about Fujinami. He held the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title and IWGP Heavyweight Title (Also the NWA World Title in 1991). Nobuhiko Takada also accomplished that feat, winning the Jr title in the 80s and heavyweight title in 1996.Sabu was the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champ in the mid 90s, and was the NWA World Heavyweight Champion in 2000 (although the NWA World Title meant nothing at that point - he won and lost it to Mike Rapada)

• Paid Members

How are TNA doing financially these days? I remember reading just after they started on Spike that they predicted they would start to make money by Christmas. Any word on whether this has happened? Obviously they aren't going to recoup what they have lost anytime soon but are they at least making money yet?

They're claiming they're making money these days, but considering the money they're paying out on wages (guys like Billy Gunn are rumoured to be getting 2 grand a show) and that their only real income comes from ppv's that do between 15 and 35 thousand, I'd say it was dubious. It's possible but I'm skeptical.

Sabu was the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champ in the mid 90s, and was the NWA World Heavyweight Champion in 2000 (although the NWA World Title meant nothing at that point - he won and lost it to Mike Rapada)

Oh forgot about him, but Sabu was also ECW champion back in 1997- winning it off Funki n the barbed wire match, and losing it to Douglas in the triple threat at Hardcore Heaven....

Are you just counting 'world' heavyweight titles? If not, then there's many in WCW - Eddie, Malenko et al that held Cruiserweight & U.S. title reigns. Benoit was WWF Light-Heavyweight champion in Mexico then WCW World Champion in 2000. Raven as WCW's Light-heavyweight champion in 1992 as Scotty Flamengo then ECW 'World' Champ by 96/97. Edited by shinyahashimoto