The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

June 15, 1998 - RAW:Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane went to a No Contest..

>snippity<The tag match is featured as an extra on 'Best of Raw volume 1'
You sure? I've owned the "Best of RAW" 2-disc set for quite some time, but I've never seen this match. Whereabouts can I find it?
It's an extra on disc one, entitled "Where's the Undertaker?"

What is an Ocean Cyclone Suplex? I've often seen it mentioned on sites as a finisher, but what the feck is it?

It's a Manami Toyota move. It's a bit like a German but the opponent ends up rolled into a ball.
Ok, that's an original explaination of the move :DThe move is executed with the opponent sitting on the executers shoulders while the arms are crossed and locked before being dropped backwards in a bridge so that the poor sucker lands on his/her neck/upper back.--PUNQ--
Thats not an Ocean Cyclone... thats a Queen Suplex or summin like that...An Ocean Cyclone is a Wheel-barrow to German Suplex...

What is an Ocean Cyclone Suplex? I've often seen it mentioned on sites as a finisher, but what the feck is it?

It's a Manami Toyota move. It's a bit like a German but the opponent ends up rolled into a ball.
Ok, that's an original explaination of the move :DThe move is executed with the opponent sitting on the executers shoulders while the arms are crossed and locked before being dropped backwards in a bridge so that the poor sucker lands on his/her neck/upper back.--PUNQ--
Thats not an Ocean Cyclone... thats a Queen Suplex or summin like that...An Ocean Cyclone is a Wheel-barrow to German Suplex...
No it's not. Even if I didn't know that myself, I wouldn't ever question PUNQ on a joshi question. He knows more than you, even if your last name is Matsunaga.

• Paid Members

From http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/bbbowm/part3.htm

Suplex, Shoulder Mounted Crossed ArmsUsed by : Manami Toyota, Rey Misterio Jr.AKA : Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex (Toyota)Description : The attacker stands behind the victim, they cross the victims arms in front of them (the attacker's left hand holds the victim's right hand and their right hand holds the victim's left). The attacker bends down sticks head between the victim's legs and lifts them up so the victim is sitting their shoulders. The attacker falls backwards and drops the victim on their back. The attacker usually bridges for the pin.

June 15, 1998 - RAW:Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane went to a No Contest..

>snippity<The tag match is featured as an extra on 'Best of Raw volume 1'
You sure? I've owned the "Best of RAW" 2-disc set for quite some time, but I've never seen this match. Whereabouts can I find it?
It's an extra on disc one, entitled "Where's the Undertaker?"
Probably explains why I haven't watched it. :D I will do so tonight. Thank you.RE: The Ocean Cyclone confusion - the wheelbarrow one is an Ocean Cyclone Suplex. Toyota's sitty-on-the-shoulders one is a Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex.

In the mid to late 1990s Vader was out of action due to a supposed attack on a Middle Eastern TV host. Was this a legitimate event or was Vader just playing the hardman on the talk show?

A bit of both. Vader was a guest on Good Morning Kuwait. The host questioned wrestling's legitimacy and Vader responded by swearing (a no-no on Kuwaiti TV) and then belting the host.

In the mid to late 1990s Vader was out of action due to a supposed attack on a Middle Eastern TV host. Was this a legitimate event or was Vader just playing the hardman on the talk show?

A bit of both. Vader was a guest on Good Morning Kuwait. The host questioned wrestling's legitimacy and Vader responded by swearing (a no-no on Kuwaiti TV) and then belting the host.
In addition, the skit was pre-planned by the producers. They told Vader what to do but forgot to tell the host what was happening.
So I think the host complained to the police, and the WWE had to bail Vader out. Since it was relatively mild publicity-wise(he hardly killed anyone), they showed the video on TV and played up the fact he was fined. Or maybe I was kayfabed. Edited by shinyahashimoto

Two things:Are there any sites where you can get classic wrestling VHS/DVD? I'm mainly looking for stuff with early Jerry Lawler.Also, I've heard good things about the 'Wrestling Gold' DVD box set (The one with dubbed comentary from Cornette and Meltzer) . They have it up on highspots for $29.99, is it worth buying?

Two things:Are there any sites where you can get classic wrestling VHS/DVD? I'm mainly looking for stuff with early Jerry Lawler.Also, I've heard good things about the 'Wrestling Gold' DVD box set (The one with dubbed comentary from Cornette and Meltzer) . They have it up on highspots for $29.99, is it worth buying?

Plenty of traders will have classic stuff - I'm not sure where or if you'd be able to get 'official' releases of Memphis stuff.The Wrestling Gold set is excellent and well worth paying for. If wrestling bears, pre-WWF Savage and Michaels in a very early match don't whet your appetite I'm not sure what would. And there's plenty of Memphis Lawler stuff on there.

That match is awesome. Lawler is awesome and Savage is an amazing heel in that one. The heat is through the roof - yeah, you have to own it!