The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Here's one for ya:Could anyone with a really good memory or access to a WCW Nitro results site give me a match result from 1999? I believe it was either spring or summer of that year, & it was (I believe) an 8-man hardcore-rules lucha libre tag team match. I'd like to know, if poss, all the members of both teams, & who pinned who to win the match.I believe La Parka, Psicosis, Damian & possibly Silver King were in the match. What I definitely know is this was one of the most mental matches of `99 & well worth checking out!

How did Booker T turn face in early 2002? He was a heel at Wrestlemania against Edge so I'd say this was about April/May when Backlash was on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Booker's face turn came about shortly after he was "forced" to join Shawn Michael's nWo in spring `02. Goldust befriended T, & they had such good chemistry that after the nWo angle was dropped, WWE decided to turn them both babyface & become a semi-regular tag team.

- Which wrestler has appeared in the most macthes at Wrestlemania?

I think it would be The Undertaker. What is he 13-0 now?Others who've had loads of matches are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Randy Savage (remember he had 4 matches at Wrestlemania 4) and Bret Hart.

Thanks for the site links, guys, I believe this may be the match I was looking for:

March 21, 1999: Van Hammer b Bull Payne...La Parka, Damien, Lizmark Jr., and Super Calo b Silver King, El Dandy, Psichosis, and La Cucharacha (Disco Inferno)...Rick Steiner b Fit Finlay...Juventud Guerrera b El Vampiro...Bill Goldberg b Hak...Vincent b Horace Hogan...World Tag Team Champions, Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, b Raven and Perry Saturn...Scott Steiner b Chris Jericho...World Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair, b World Cruiserweight Champion, Rey Mysterio Jr

I forgot that Disco was in that match. Plus on the two sites Van_Dammer & Peggy recommended, there's no mention of it being a hardcore match, so perhaps I'm getting my wires crossed.I do vaguely remember that Nitro though, it was the "Spring Break" edition, didn't Mysterio push Flair in the pool surrounding the ring after their match?...

Whilst Eric Bischoff was Raw's GM on-screen, what was his actual backstage role?

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe he is just talent.
If that's true, I find it odd that McMahon didn't use Bischoff as a booker or part of the creative team...
No he didn't, & it's not odd. It's hardly surprising that Vince McEgo refused to use the only man to whup his arse in the mid `90's wrestling wars as anything more than an embarrasing on-screen character.

Thanks for the site links, guys, I believe this may be the match I was looking for:

March 21, 1999: Van Hammer b Bull Payne...La Parka, Damien, Lizmark Jr., and Super Calo b Silver King, El Dandy, Psichosis, and La Cucharacha (Disco Inferno)...Rick Steiner b Fit Finlay...Juventud Guerrera b El Vampiro...Bill Goldberg b Hak...Vincent b Horace Hogan...World Tag Team Champions, Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, b Raven and Perry Saturn...Scott Steiner b Chris Jericho...World Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair, b World Cruiserweight Champion, Rey Mysterio Jr

I forgot that Disco was in that match. Plus on the two sites Van_Dammer & Peggy recommended, there's no mention of it being a hardcore match, so perhaps I'm getting my wires crossed.I do vaguely remember that Nitro though, it was the "Spring Break" edition, didn't Mysterio push Flair in the pool surrounding the ring after their match?...
Yes he did indeed! I recently watched a '6-man Mexican Hardcore Match' featuring, La Parka, El Dandy and others. I believe it was in March 99, soon after the logo/set change. That's the 'infamous' match were the commentators laugh throughout, and just basically slag the entire concept of a '6-man Mexican Hardcore Match!'. The match is fun, and La Parka who is about to be on the receiving end of a plancha, nails them with an incredibly sweet chairshot(even better than the Benoit getting nailed by Jericho/Edge - I forget!)

Glad someone else remembers that match, Shinya! I remember having a blast sat there getting stoned & watching all these masked Mexicans beat the crap out of each other.Another memorable occasion where the WCW announce team seem to be having a ball is the "Hardcore Triangle" between Hak (Sandman), Raven & Bam Bam Bigelow at Uncensored `99. Probably unfashionable to say this, but I thought WCW's hardcore scene was pretty entertaining around this period, maybe even more so than WWF's. Sandy & Bam Bam had another decent hardcore encounter the following month at Spring Stampede I seem to recall. But the Triangle match at Uncensored was the better of the two, but the Hardcore Lucha match is just top-notch!I believe I might have even voted for that match as my best of 1999 in that years PS Magazine Readers poll...

How did Booker T turn face in early 2002? He was a heel at Wrestlemania against Edge so I'd say this was about April/May when Backlash was on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Booker's face turn came about shortly after he was "forced" to join Shawn Michael's nWo in spring `02. Goldust befriended T, & they had such good chemistry that after the nWo angle was dropped, WWE decided to turn them both babyface & become a semi-regular tag team.
No this was before Booker joined the nWo.