What would you do in a real life Zombie crisis?

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Personally I think it sucks that we can't just cut off their heads and burn their bodies. It works with everything else. :/

That would work...it's just extremely hard to do it without getting yourself killed.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scott Hall's Therapist

Personally I think it sucks that we can't just cut off their heads and burn their bodies. It works with everything else. :/

That would work...it's just extremely hard to do it without getting yourself killed.
Hmmmmmmmm, would setting them on fire have much effect?

• Paid Members

Is that book any good? Sounds intresting and I've got nothing to read at the mo.

Yeah the book is great, really interesting stuff which you wouldn't even think of doing but is extremely valuable.Anyone who thinks going to a shopping centre would be a good idea is wrong, in reality, the power would be cut off and you wouldn't be able to do anything so no Dawn Of The Dead rip-offs.And the answer "get a gun" is also a bad idea, firstly you would have to travel far to get one(high risk) and secondly you probably would be a crap shot, and the sound of gunfire would attract zombies from miles around.The best weapon to have would be either a crowbar or samurai sword. And I would simply hide in my house. Demolish the stairs, use the wood to block up the door and windows, fill up buckets and buckets with water before the water is eventually cut off. Have a bike upstairs for an emergency escape and I would occassionally sneak into other houses through the backdoors down my street to steal canned food.
When you demolish the stairs and use the wood to block up the doors and windows how are you going to get back upstairs to hide? How exactly would you just sneak in and out of you neighbours houses to get food. Wouldnt there be zombies crawling all over them? And if there wasnt, why would you need to block up your own house?And even if your solution works, its not really a solution. What are you going to do when the water runs out? What are you going to do when you cant steal anymore tinned food from your neighbours?What happens in winter when you start to freeze your ass off? How would you actually survive? Your scenario is only good for holding out for a period of time, (and thats a best) not surviving! What would you actually do to survive and move past this situation?You say that a mall is a bad choice cause the electricty would get cut off. By who exactly?You need buckets of water stored before the water gets cut off. By who?You say a gun is a bad weapon casue you would have to travel a long distance to get one. How many people have a samurai sword in their sitting room?

Surely, you could find somewhere that's fenced in (Outdoor tennis courts, for example) ... lead loads of them through a gate, jump the fence, run and lock the gate. Then use petrol or something on the bastards using a hose, and BURN them. That's my plan to eliminate a 100 or so of them.

You say that a mall is a bad choice cause the electricty would get cut off. By who exactly?You need buckets of water stored before the water gets cut off. By who?

Uh, dude, People are there to make sure the water and electricity is there. It's not a case of them cutting it off, it's a case of them not keeping it goinmg.

Guest Scott Hall's Therapist

Fair enough, but what about the rest of my post. What would you actually do to survive? hiding upstairs under your bed isnt going to make the situation any better!

Well you should be in your bed havin a kip then!

• Paid Members

A mall might get the electricty cut, but there is a good chance that somewhere in the mall they sell torches and have a good supply of batteries. Plus a mall will have plenty of food and drink and a good secruity system to keep the little bastards out!

Actually myself and a friend of mine spent a whole weekend working out what we would do in a zombie situation. Even depending on the day. Baiscly there is an an old empty hopital near us with lots of open groudn around it. The plan basicly involves us getting our swords (we both own samurai swords) and getting out families etc to the hospital and locking ourselfs in. The roof has easy acess and we would be able to see them coming from a major distance.Basicly we would stay there and try not to venture into the towns. It's fun when you do formulate a plan like that, because it's actually harder than you may imagine.

• Paid Members

Actually myself and a friend of mine spent a whole weekend working out what we would do in a zombie situation. Even depending on the day. Baiscly there is an an old empty hopital near us with lots of open groudn around it. The plan basicly involves us getting our swords (we both own samurai swords) and getting out families etc to the hospital and locking ourselfs in. The roof has easy acess and we would be able to see them coming from a major distance.Basicly we would stay there and try not to venture into the towns. It's fun when you do formulate a plan like that, because it's actually harder than you may imagine.

What would you do for food and water? Onec you get to the hospital and regroup your thoughts, what next?

• Paid Members

Fair enough, but what about the rest of my post. What would you actually do to survive? hiding upstairs under your bed isnt going to make the situation any better!

Yeah my plan is only a short-term plan. For say a level 1 or 2 crisis(read the book, but it is about 100 zombies in a 5 mile radius. thats my plan. Level 3 is about 1000 in a 5 mile radius and Level 4 is about 10,000 in a 5 mile radius(which is pretty much apocolypse).But to answer your questions:If I demolish the stairs I will simply just climb back up there(easy enough), zombies have no climbing skills.For electricity and water to work, there needs to be workers in the factories making sure they are working and doing the nessecary procedures that keep them running. Running water and electricity don't just work by magic. If there is a nationwide crisis, you can be pretty sure that they will be the first to go.For a long-term plan, I would escape to the countryside, find a remote location with plenty of escape routes, stealing whatever I can on the way, collecting a small group, no more than 5 or 6 and then do our best to survive in the countryside, by killing animals, growing food(people have done it for centuries with little to no resources) and setting up what is essentially a fortress. Possible choices being an abandoned prison or boarding school out in the countryside.

What would you do for food and water? Onec you get to the hospital and regroup your thoughts, what next?
My girlfriend works in the 'New' parts of the hospital, there is plenty of food supplies to keep us going, plus beds and TV's/Radios. Hence we chose the hospital. So if there ever is a zombie crisis, you'll find myself at Milford Hospital.

• Paid Members

My girlfriend works in the 'New' parts of the hospital, there is plenty of food supplies to keep us going, plus beds and TV's/Radios. Hence we chose the hospital. So if there ever is a zombie crisis, you'll find myself at Milford Hospital.
No I mean, what would you do in order to survive? Once the food and water have run out you'd be pretty fucked!I'm not getting thick with people and trying to find flaws in everything but everybodies plans seem to be real short term. Like, getting to a safe place is clearly the main priority. But what comes after that?Ok a plan like this might be ok for a Level 1 or Level 2 crisis, but if there were only a 100 zombies in a 5 mile radius that would mean the zombies would be out numbered and the survivors could just shoot the shit out of them or beat the fuckout of them with your croebars or samurai swords!What about a Level 4 crisis. What does your book tell you to do in the event that you wake up one morning and find that there is a Level 5 crisis in progress! What do you do then?

• Paid Members

No I mean, what would you do in order to survive? Once the food and water have run out you'd be pretty fucked!I'm not getting thick with people and trying to find flaws in everything but everybodies plans seem to be real short term. Like, getting to a safe place is clearly the main priority. But what comes after that?Ok a plan like this might be ok for a Level 1 or Level 2 crisis, but if there were only a 100 zombies in a 5 mile radius that would mean the zombies would be out numbered and the survivors could just shoot the shit out of them or beat the fuckout of them with your croebars or samurai swords!What about a Level 4 crisis. What does your book tell you to do in the event that you wake up one morning and find that there is a Level 5 crisis in progress! What do you do then?
If there is a level 4 crisis you are pretty much screwed. Extremely slim chances of survival, no government left, the only way you could survive is if you set up your own fortress in the middle of the desert or something.And the thing is with saying "only a 100 zombies in a 5 mile radius that would mean the zombies would be out numbered and the survivors could just shoot the shit out of them or beat the fuckout of them with your croebars or samurai swords" is that most people's first reaction would be to flee to the designated goverment safety places, most people would choose the run option than fight.