FWA Sign TV Deal with TWC

PC316

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Wrestling was more popular than Extreme Sports, I said it had a larger audience.

Er...what the fuck? That sentence makes no sense at all. Extreme sports are more popular, with a smaller audience? :crazy:
Extreme Sports may be more popular as a participation sport.Wrestling is more popular as a spectator sport, hence 'larger audience'.That is what I meant. Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

I never said Wrestling was more popular than Extreme Sports, I said it had a larger audience.

Er...what the fuck? That sentence makes no sense at all. Extreme sports are more popular, with a smaller audience? :crazy:
Extreme Sports may be more popular as a participation sport.Wrestling is more popular as a spectator sport, hence 'larger audience'.That is what I meant.
FWA style backtracking there, nice ;)

Extreme Sports may be more popular as a participation sport.Wrestling is more popular as a spectator sport, hence 'larger audience'.That is what I meant.
More clarifying what I meant.I never backtrack.

I'll just throw my hat in regarding production values. As long as I can see the action I really don't care about the production. I don't want pyro, lights ramps etc. I just want to see entertaining wrestling. My girlfriend who previously had only watched WWE and the occasional puro match said that when she watched some of TWC test broadcasts that it looked awful and amatuerish. Now I know my gf is not going to be a regular viewer but if TWC are hoping to pick up some of the WWE production values are going to be important.Which brings me to the FWA, a few poxy fireworks and a ramp doesn't make them vanguards of high production values - they may well look better than the rest of the British promotions but at the end of the day it will still look shit next to WWE so it's a ridiculous point for the FWA to insist that companies match their production values. It's still nothing like their original statement of having an exclusive deal though.

• Paid Members

I was just jesting anyway

I know, so was I. I just forgot to insert the smillie. ;)

Classics Guy style backtracking there, nice ;)

• Paid Members

FWA being on the Wrestling Channel is good for wrestling in Britain.No other promotions being on the Wrestling Channel for at least five years is bad for wrestling in Britain.How people can disagree with either of those statements to the point that a 17 page thread ensues is beyond me.

FWA being on the Wrestling Channel is good for wrestling in Britain.No other promotions being on the Wrestling Channel for at least five years is bad for wrestling in Britain.How people can disagree with either of those statements to the point that a 17 page thread ensues is beyond me.

Amen

• Paid Members

Oh, and from the 'no evidence whatsoever, total speculationa nd hypothesis' department, is it not possible that the term 'sole and exclusive' is being bandied around mainly for the benefit of potential or existing investors in FWA because it sounds more prestigious than 'have obtained a slot'?And finally, on the various arguments for and against FWA getting a truly exclusive slot, my half-coldhearted business, half-altruistic idealist view is that directly competitive action shouldn't even be on the radar until the entire industry is big enough that every competent wrestler with a decent amount of experience in this country can make a full-time living from professional wrestling.

Amen
READ THE THREAD. What Lister said is ALL I have ever said.

• Paid Members

Classics Guy style backtracking there, nice ;)
I learn from the best